Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not receiving mms messages. Could that be because I'm on element using the Alltel build? I'll try a few things and see if it works. I can call voice mail fine.

Sent from my XT908 using Tapatalk

Hey Calec, here's a build for Element Mobile for you to try out. Only real bug fixed in this is the screenshot should now work. I'm seeing issue where wifi keeps disconnecting and having issues reconnecting. 3G works all the time tho :D

cm-11-20131128-UNOFFICIAL-spyder-ELEMENT

calec

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the Element build. Still trying things out but looking good. Was able to receive a MMS now, but only with the Messaging app. Hangouts crashes if I have it set to do SMS. If Hangouts is doing MMS for you guys I'll try reinstalling. I wiped everything and used the links above for gapps etc. KitKat is tasting good in the XT908.

calec

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Just to share experiences, when I tried the Alltel build everything seemed to work perfect except I couldn't get MMS. Hangouts would show I had received an MMS but couldn't download it. Messages wouldn't even know I received one. With the Element build I now can receive MMS with Messages but Hangouts will crash when MMS comes in. Will still try to reinstall gapps to see if that clears up. I also now have to restart phone when turning WiFi off to restore data. That persistent fc issue hits me with either build if I select 3g as mentioned earlier. So I just don't mess with that setting. Other than those experiences its working great and will definitely keep using.

fantasy2c

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Everything working great except mms And videos on hangouts so far..using element version just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
@fantasy2c. You're on thumb cell correct? I'll do a thumb build next. You would have better luck with trying MMS with the latest Alltel build. Just edit the build.prop file and change the following lines from alltel info to these. In the stock messaging app ALLTEL, CELLCOM and THUMB use the same mms_user_agent_profile_url. Element uses a different one.

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311050
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Thumb Cellular

Last edited:

fantasy2c

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes,correct...Ill download that and give it a go...try dirty flashing...if not haven't installe much so not like I'm behind to have to redo it all. Thanks for the info!

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Here's some builds from today for CM11.0 for you all to mess with. For those with 4G on their XT908 edit the following lines in your build.prop file. Reboot and see if 4G works.

Change these lines to the following...

ro.telephony.default_network=10
ro.cdma.subscription=0
ro.telephony.default_cdma_sub=0

Un-comment these lines (remove # from the beginning of line)
rild.libpath=/system/lib/moto-ril-multimode.so
lte_ril.libpath=/system/lib/lib-mot-lte-ril.so
ril.rat=LTE

cm-11-20131201-UNOFFICIAL-spyder-nTELOS
cm-11-20131201-UNOFFICIAL-spyder-THUMB
cm-11-20131201-UNOFFICIAL-spyder-CELLCOM
cm-11-20131201-UNOFFICIAL-spyder-ALLTEL
cm-11-20131201-UNOFFICIAL-spyder-ELEMENT

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks buddy! New alltel build works great and got my 1% battery back! Also what file can I edit to change the carrier label from Alltel?

fantasy2c

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have the sound randomly quit working where a phone restart is required to restore it? Biggest reason I always leave the cm ROMs..

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks buddy! New alltel build works great and got my 1% battery back! Also what file can I edit to change the carrier label from Alltel?

The carrier name is in a file name eri.xml. It's packed in the framework-res.apk file. You can decompile it and edit and then recompile. I have found that just putting a eri.xml file in the /data folder and rebooting will change it as well. Save the following to file named eri.xml (Change Alltel to whatever you want), then copy it to the /data folder and reboot.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--
/*
** Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
** you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
** You may obtain a copy of the License at
**     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
** Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
** distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
** WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
** See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
** limitations under the License.
*/
-->

<!-- Note that IconMode can be only 0, ON or 1, FLASHING
     The icon is turned OFF if then IconIndex = 1 -->

<EriFile VersionNumber="1357" NumberOfEriEntries="19" EriFileType="1">
    <CallPromptId Id="0" CallPromptText="CallPromptId0" />
    <CallPromptId Id="1" CallPromptText="CallPromptId1" />
    <CallPromptId Id="2" CallPromptText="CallPromptId2" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="0" IconIndex="0" IconMode="0" EriText="" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="1" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Alltel" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="2" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="64" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Alltel" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="65" IconIndex="65" IconMode="0" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="66" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="67" IconIndex="67" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="68" IconIndex="68" IconMode="0" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="69" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="70" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="71" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="72" IconIndex="72" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="73" IconIndex="73" IconMode="0" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="74" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="75" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="76" IconIndex="76" IconMode="0" EriText="Alltel" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="77" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Alltel" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="78" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="79" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
</EriFile>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781