Got ROMs? Flashable ZIPs for your Alltel MAXX!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Got an Alltel RAZR MAXX? Want to flash one of the many ROMs available over at Droid Razr ROMs - DroidRzr.com?

This thread is where you need to be. I will be cranking out flashable ZIPs for Alltel MAXX ROMs at my discretion or by request. If you see something that isn't in this list that you want a patch for, or see something that needs an update, let me know!

Some notes before we get started:
Do not flash a patch for a ROM that it is not intended for.
Do not flash a patch for a ROM if the patch is for a different build date or version.
MMS messaging will not work with stock applications. Instructions will be in the second post to tell you how to set up GoSMS to send and receive MMS.
You brick, your fault. I am not responsible for any damage to your device.

If you fully understand the above, read on.

[INFO]Instructions:

1. Download your ROM from its original thread.
2. Copy your ROM, GApps, and my patch to your external SD card.
3. Flash your ROM, then your GApps, and then my patch last.
4. Follow the steps to fix MMS listed below.
5. Enjoy your upgraded MAXX on Alltel![/INFO]

Flashable ZIP Patches
Black Widow ICS (AOKP MILESTONE 6) 07/27/12 build
Original thread here: Black Widow ICS ([AOKP/CM9 ROMs]) - DroidRzr.com
Patch here: Dev-Host - Alltel-BW_ICS_AOKP_M6_072712.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Black Widow ICS (CM9 FINAL) 08/01/12 build
Original thread here: Black Widow ICS ([AOKP/CM9 ROMs]) - DroidRzr.com
Patch here: Dev-Host - Alltel-BW_ICS_CM9_080112.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Icarus HD 12/25/12 build
Original thread here: [Rom][RAZR][CDMA] New Icarus HD by Team LiteSpeed - DroidRzr.com
Patch here: Dev-Host - Alltell-ICARUSHD_122512.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Ice Cream Sandwich
Wizzed Bean RLS7 build
Original thread here: [Rom][Razr][4.1.2] Wizzed Bean RLS7- Redefining Performance and Features - DroidRzr.com
Patch here: Dev-Host - Alltel-WizzedBean-RLS7.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
AOKP / PA Hybrid Build (King Kang) 12/20/2012 build
Original thread here: [ROM][STOCK][Base] Paranoid Android Hybrids - CM10 and AOKP 12/20 - DroidRzr.com
Patch here: Dev-Host - Alltel-PA-AOKP-KingKang-122012.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Black Widow JB (CM10) 11/18/12 build
Original thread here: Black Widow JB ([Aokp/Cm10/CNA ROMs]) 2012-11-21 - DroidRzr.com
Patch here: Dev-Host - Alltel-BW_JB_CM10_121118.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Hashcode's CM10 4.2.2 3/06/13 build
Original thread here: [ROM] [CDMA] Official CM10.1 (JB 4.2.2) [03/06: BT/SPEAKERPHONE FIX] - DroidRzr.com
Patch here: Dev-Host - alltelcm10422.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
PAC (Paranoid Android / AOKP / Cyanogenmod Hybrid build) 4.2.2
ROM here: Index of /Devs/BkJolly/Spyder
Patch here: Dev-Host - alltel-PAC2.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service
Jellybean
Flashable ZIP Patches

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It boots, and is all kinds of awesome -- but how do I fix MMS?

Open up the Play Store, and download GoSMS.

Open it up. Scroll through the three intro screens and tap 'Enter GoSMS'. Make sure to UN-check the 'Agree' box on pop-up that follows, if you don't, it will enable some GoChat nonsense that we don't need.

Tap the 'Menu' button on your phone, and tap 'Settings.'

Tap 'Advanced' at the top, and scroll down to MMS Settings.

Check the box next to 'Fill APN configuration manually.'

Fixing MMS
Tap 'MMSC' and type http://mms.alltel.com/servlets/mms
g2KJ6l.png
Step 1
Tap 'MMS Proxy' and type mms.alltel.com
ZHloFl.png
Step 2
Tap MMS Port and type 8080
V2ZKil.png
Step 3
This is what it should look like when you're all done.
cox75l.png
Final Product
Fixing MMS

Last edited:

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the work man! I don't have the maxx yet but I'll be upgrading my MilestoneX to a Razr Maxx next week and I'll give these roms a whirl.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yep, just flash the ROM, the gapps if needed, and the patch, then reboot and enjoy!

Paranoid is nice. It's probably my preference but I'm pretty picky about my layout of specific applications. The Black Widow ROMs are themed really well if you like dark / black themes. They all run pretty well. Be sure to read the original ROM thread for known bugs / issues.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Any requests guys, feel free to let me know. I've got Black Widow CNA in the works right now.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
In case you didn't notice yet the official JB rom leaked and 100% stable JB roms are cranking out on droidrzr.com! Should be more killer roms coming shortly.
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of doing Team Speedcore 's version first. I'm excited to flash that one myself.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Awesome that looked really good. I can't wait to get my Maxx next Thursday and flash the sh1t out of it lol.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you'll be doing much flashing, unfortunately SafeStrap 3 seems broken on my phone. Any ROM I install just throws me into a black screen, and it is stated somewhere in the thread that you have to be on the JB leak to use it. Haven't given up yet, but it isn't looking good.

iaminflames

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you check out the JB dual boot utility? It allows you to stay with the ics kernel but flash the new OTA JB releases.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I messed with it last night. It doesn't work for us. The RAZR has a locked bootloader, so it can't flash any improperly signed kernels. The JB kernel is signed for the Verizon RAZR, so when I tried to flash it on my phone, it failed instantly.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Icarus HD patch in the OP. Noticed a couple of things in the build.prop I've been missing. MMS still doesn't work without GoSMS but I might be closer to a solution. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante