Changing to Share Everything Plan questions

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Everyone,

I have a question about changing to share everything plan.

I currently have the unlimited, and my wife is on dumbphone. We also have another dumbphone that is never used (extra line for upgrade 12 months ago) all on family plan

If we upgrade her phone to a smartphone, and take the discount, we will have to go to share everything, which I am not too opposed to since I use about 1.5MB of data month between phone and tablet.

Anyways, my question is this: Once we upgrade, I will now be forced to pay $30 per month for the dumbphone that we never use. Is there any way that I can get them to cancel this line, as I am now forced to be in different contract than what was signed?

Anyone have experience with this? Or should I just pay the cancel fee (which I guess will be about $130 pro-rated now)?

Interested to hear feedback on this.

nanaki2

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I thought about doing this as well. Spoke to support some, and the only way to break the contract (get rid of line/phone) is to pay the pro-rated cancellation fee. Other wise based on the Share Everything Plan you will keep paying the extra $30.00 a month for the dump phone under whatever plan you choose. I know smartphones are $40.00 a month. So you paying the $130 is equal to you keeping the dumpphone on your plan for 4 months.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I thought about doing this as well. Spoke to support some, and the only way to break the contract (get rid of line/phone) is to pay the pro-rated cancellation fee. Other wise based on the Share Everything Plan you will keep paying the extra $30.00 a month for the dump phone under whatever plan you choose. I know smartphones are $40.00 a month. So you paying the $130 is equal to you keeping the dumpphone on your plan for 4 months.

I kind of thought that may be the idea, but wanted to put it out there and see what others thought, or if they had encountered this

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The 30 a month is for the unlimited minutes.. Keep your family plan and share data only. Then no Additional cost for the phones.

So don't share everything, you don't need it.

Do you need unlimited minutes? On any phone? If so, you should be able to do it for that one line only.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Ironcapo

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The 30 a month is for the unlimited minutes.. Keep your family plan and share data only. Then no Additional cost for the phones.

So don't share everything, you don't need it.

Do you need unlimited minutes? On any phone? If so, you should be able to do it for that one line only.

Is this really possible? I thought you had to move into the share everything once you took a subsidized phone? I want to upgrade and don't mind giving up the unlimited data however I do mind giving up my cheap 700 minute plan. My family uses 200 minutes tops.

Zman1001

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat. I use only about 300 minutes a month, and we each use maybe 200 texts per month. It would be more cost effective to add a smart phone for her to go to share everything (of which I do not think you can get any share data without going to share everything).

To answer another question, I spend most of my day at work on wifi network, and at home on wifi network (both with speeds much greater than 4g). Even when I am working using my tablet, I usually can find a wifi network somewhere.

Oh well, I may just wait it out a few months (or year) before upgrading her.

Doug

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You have two options in the shade plans. Share data or share everything. My parents just got the DROID RAZR M. His phone was a basic phone and now smartphone. My mom still has her unlimited plan on the same account.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante