Facebook problem

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting "facebook authentication failed" on all my devices. I login in than after a few times i check facebook i get this notification and just have to log back in.
Anyone else getting this. By the way I feel this version of facebook is very buggy.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have. Om my maxx running ics and on my nexus 7 running jb and on my galaxy note tablet running ics. It does the same thing on all of them. After a while I get "facebook authentication failed".
If I'm the only one here I would feel like such a fool if its just something I'm missing.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
account may have been hacked. wouldn't be the first time its happened to someone. login on a pc and change your password, then log back in on all of your devices and put in the updated password.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Type your login name and password for Facebook by replying to this post.

When you type the password it will display as ******** to everyone but me and i can get to the source of the problem

Fyi: the above isn't true but a few peeps have fell for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think it's just because the Facebook app stinks. I get the Authentication Failed error from time to time--it used to happen a lot more frequently, but it still can be a pain.

Google+ never gives me problems. Sure wish more people would see the light.

Filosophic1

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
This isn't really related, but it does have to do with the Facebook app on my Razr Maxx. After I upgraded to the latest version of Facebook on my phone, whenever I would post a status update, it would not show my location, even though I had location services turned on. I uninstalled the Facebook app, and went back to the original Facebook for Android, and now my location on status updates shows again. Anyone have any clues?

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This isn't really related, but it does have to do with the Facebook app on my Razr Maxx. After I upgraded to the latest version of Facebook on my phone, whenever I would post a status update, it would not show my location, even though I had location services turned on. I uninstalled the Facebook app, and went back to the original Facebook for Android, and now my location on status updates shows again. Anyone have any clues?

Because its Facebook.... really.

sent from the fingers of a madman

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So I tried changing my password but had no luck. Still getting authentication failed on all my devices. I have to keep logging in. THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does it have to do with being logged in to so many devices at once? Is it a security feature or what?

Maged_abdelfatah

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I am having another problem, could u plz help me wiz it, The problem is ( I can not post any status or even check in ) even that i had the latest version for Facebook, and my mobile is S3 Samsung, appreciate your help.

gymgal1951

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, since Jelly Bean I don't get the annoying "Facebook authentication required" as I did almost ever day with ICS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums