4.1.2 REAL update

nicholasdejohn

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know when we are getting the real or final JB update? I'm running the one that wasn't suppose to come to the phone and I'm noticing so.e slow down and issues with trying to end a call.
Any thoughts?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No official word, nothing in the pipeline, not even a peep about a soak test. Moto still says on its website that the Maxx is scheduled to get the JB update at some point. I'm guessing it's too late to promise Q1, so probably end of Q2?

Last edited:

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the leaked update also and have similar issues. I would bet the late Q1 timetable is a good guess.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Haven't heard anything. My phone was pushed the OTA update, but stopped half way. I'm having same issues as you mentioned and then some. still on ics.Frustrated!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd love to be optimistic, but we all know how things have gone with updates for our phone. Q1 ends 3/31, which means there's 8 weeks left. There would have to be a soak test first, which lasts about a week or two. And there are usually rumblings about an official update coming, like an increasing number of ROM leaks. Sure, there was the accidental JB release on Xmas Eve, but not a peep since then.

I hope you're right--I'd love to be pleasantly surprised!

rexbitz

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Would be lovely. Its not like the razr and razr maxx are slow and outdated. Phone still runs well even with all these new devices coming out. And none of the apps on play store hinder the performance of my razr maxx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I would beg to differ, we finally got ICS the same time JB was being released which FCkd my phone up (still waiting on fix), then late summer moto released RAZR HD/ maxx HD /razr M. Xmas eve JB update pushed to my phone half way the stopped, leaving phone worse than before. As of today still waiting on JB and don't tell me to install the leak, when I bought phone was not told I would have to manually install any updates. So to me this phone is OUTDATED!

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
No official word, nothing in the pipeline, not even a peep about a soak test. Moto still says on its website that the Maxx is scheduled to get the JB update at some point. I'm guessing it's too late to promise Q1, so probably end of Q2?

I dont think its too late just yet Remember ICS came on the last day of the quarter.. Ha!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I remember that well! I also remember that people thought Moto and VZW ended up rushing the update out given the fairly high number of bug complaints, so this time I'm more than willing to wait for a bugless update.

pete_lockwood

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
... to me this phone is OUTDATED!

Newsflash: your phone was outdated the day after it was released. Get a Nexus phone if you want frequent updates - or root and flash whatever makes you happy. Verizon and Motorola make $0.00 providing updates and they don't include "you'll get updates" in your contract so if you get one consider yourself lucky (or unlucky if the update makes the phone worse rather than better).

I already have 4.1.2 on my Maxx and 4.2.1 on my Nexus 7 tablet and I can tell you for free, you're not missing much - in fact, in the case of the Nexus tablet being on the latest release, it seriously sucks because Google introduced some very annoying bugs recently and have dragged their heels about fixing them.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Smartphones are amazing devices right out of the box.. the notion that they're somehow outdated if they don't have the latest revision of Android is so dumb to me. it's the amazing apps that exist that are more important to your phone than any OS update.

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
It's not dumb to me, as I know how my phone has performed since ics update! not to mention 1/2 JB update which made it inoperable for 3 days.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you ever do a cache partition wipe or a factory reset after the ICS update? That made things work a lot smoother for a lot of people.

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I have done at least 4 factory data resets, & multiple cache wipes. I even un installed every app I downloaded. I don't have any apps that come pre loaded disabled. I've taken it Verizon store several times and all they say is do FDR or they can send me a CLN (refurb). I'm afraid I'll end up with a phone worse than the one I have now. When I had DROIDX I went through 4 refurbished phones. I know its like a crap shoot :)

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Can verizon tell which phones got the accidental ota and which one's phones manually updated?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech