Root and OTA question

RazrMaxx1345

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
This is a unique situation so I wanted to make a new thread. I have the leaked version of 4.2.1 on my maxx. I did the SD card update because it wasn't pushed to my phone and I wanted it, I'm another thread people are saying that the official onewill be pushed to us anyway. What do I need to do so I can update the phone and not brick it?
Ota root keeper app?
Thanks for any help
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Unique?

You can try root keeper but since it isn't released no guarantees. You will probably get some updates when the test get going. Typical thing to do is deny update till you know for sure, if you want to regain root. If you don't care about the root, just click update when it happens.

Running the update shouldn't brick it. You may loose root though.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

RazrMaxx1345

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Unique from the perspective that normally you aren't pushed an update that is the same as what GPU have (4.1.2 to 4.1.2). I though maybe it wouldn't have any affect because I am already rooted on that same version compared to any other ota where the root would be on a different version.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Many others are in the same boat. Don't look at that version number. There is another version number that will change. Your phone will see your as just an update or a hot fix. I'm running version ending in .211(ICS). So it will be a change in mine but mine sees it as an update in general.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums