Speed Dial!?

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I got JB with the soak.... I can't figure out how to set speed dial. Did they remove that feature & if so, wth? Why?

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, looks like Speed Dial is toast. I imagine they felt it was redundant, and is an archaic holdover from feature phones. You can always make your speed dial contacts into Favorites, or just place them on the homescreen as direct dials.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

rlanger271

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You can also collect all those direct dials into a folder, and then it's just like speed dial, except now you're not limited to nine numbers, and you don't have to remember who got assigned to what number.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
There are also dialer/contact apps in the play store that you can make your default dialer.. There's at least 2 good ones that I know of, because I used to use them when I had a Nexus S 4G.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I've never butt dialed with a smart phone before.. Are you shutting the screen off before you put it in your pocket?

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Code lock or use pattern lock? see your butt pass that security? heck? use facelock? too many options. Pattern lock is the easiest.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

vndlewis

Yes, I shut the screen off and sometimes before I put it in my pocket I am calling someone else. I will pull my phone out of my pocket and it is already dialing someone.

The other day my husband had charged his phone all night. When we got up, his phone had dialed about 20 people and sent out about that many text messages on it's own. Don't know what is going on, but not liking it.

I've never butt dialed with a smart phone before.. Are you shutting the screen off before you put it in your pocket?

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Code lock or use pattern lock? see your butt pass that security? heck? use facelock? too many options. Pattern lock is the easiest.

Seems to me, if you use facelock and your butt still is able to dial the phone, you have bigger troubles than we can help you with...

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lock with code? if it still happens, return under warranty..or do it anyway.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums