JB + Network Extender = Fail

k9tim

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing total fail after installing JB on stock MAXX with their network extender (3g)?
I sideloaded yesterday, did not clear cache or anything. All installed fine.
Noticed this morning that if I send a SMS it usually fails and if it does make it, my number shows up as the MIN number listed in phone status.
In addition, I am unable to place or receive calls.
I have pulled my SIM, reset the extender, power cycled the phone and nothing seems to work.
I do show the little house icon showing connection to extender but it just will not play right.

Phone works fine (except crap reception) with the extender powered off.

Thoughts?? Trying to avoid a factory reset/wipe on phone if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance
--k9

UPDATE: Wiping the cache and data/reset seems to clear this problem up, along with some misc widget formatting problems I was experiencing.

Last edited:

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone experiencing total fail after installing JB on stock MAXX with their network extender (3g)?
I sideloaded yesterday, did not clear cache or anything. All installed fine.
Noticed this morning that if I send a SMS it usually fails and if it does make it, my number shows up as the MIN number listed in phone status.
In addition, I am unable to place or receive calls.
I have pulled my SIM, reset the extender, power cycled the phone and nothing seems to work.
I do show the little house icon showing connection to extender but it just will not play right.

Phone works fine (except crap reception) with the extender powered off.

Thoughts?? Trying to avoid a factory reset/wipe on phone if I can avoid it.

Thanks in advance
--k9

UPDATE: Wiping the cache and data/reset seems to clear this problem up, along with some misc widget formatting problems I was experiencing.

Glad you got it fixed, but yesterday while waiting on hold for tech support there was a message about a known issue with the home extenders. There wasn't a lot of details but you might want to look into it, just for future reference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois