JB and foxfi

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Install the newer PDANet+/Foxfi app, which combines both apps, onto your phone. You will also need to install PDANet for Tablet on your N10 and N7. You can then set up the Bluetooth DUN connection from your phone's PDANet app, and then connect using the PDANet Tablet app on your N10 and N7. I'm not in front of my devices, so I can't give you step-by-step instructions, but I found it fairly straightforward. Keep in mind that the connection will be kind of slow. It's not as fast as when we could use the wifi hotspot on the Maxx.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Or you can root your phone, d/l SQLite, go in and change the entertainment setting and then FoxFi will work as it normally did before the JB update. ;)

Thanks,
Chief

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you want WiFi, checkout Wifi teether. Working great on my maxx.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
can you walk through it? I just rooted again.

Here you go:

To do this download an app called SQLite editor, here's the link
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../store/apps/d...ware.sqleditor&token=jayRtZ1J

Open it

Make sure you hit grant on the Window that pops up and asks for supper user permission(that's where the needing root part comes in)

Scroll all the way down to where you see settings storage, there is two of them so make sure you hit the one with the hammer and gear icon

Hit settings.db then hit settings

Go down to line 66 where it says entitlement check

Change it from 1 to 0 (long press under the value field, then hit edit field on the popup)

Click save

Exit the app, and then reboot the phone."

Once you do this, your FoxFi should work again.