droid razr maxx & jelly bean update problems

mishcap13

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, is anyone having problems getting widgets with new update? some disappeared, and now cant get widgets on screen. Also, pictures are messed up in gallery, and when typing used to hear tones, now I don't hear anything. Also w:mad::mad::mad:hen in browser used to have an exit option, that is gone too....Any suggestions? I liked the phone better before!

gymgal1951

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Read the change log for before and after update. That helped me, especially with photos. The link is in this thread. Maybe another member can provide. Thanks. But I've noticed battery life not as good. Tweaking a few things and will do several drains and charge to 100% overnight.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

motosux

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Just recently updated phone and found it not to be the same product that I purchased . I don't know how they could update o/s and make it worse but that's what they did . How could they take widgets off the phone? I lost all my notes pertaining to a legal matter I'm involved in. Months of research and questions facts and figures on 5 sticky notes were deleted without a warning that info would be lost. Motorola doesn't seem to care that they are making things worse for there customers. You bought the phone they got your money . My next phone will be an iPhone . I'm demanding that Motorola purchase the new phone. I chose this phone over the iPhone because of what it had programmed on it , but the recent changes have made the phone less desirable. They screwed there customers and should make some kind of restitution to us. Get away from Motorola and the android o/s and demand your iPhone!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Always back up your data before an OS update, and read the changelog. These are common sense things to do before updates.

ANDROGUY

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to reroot your phone after the update?...I lost root somehow after my phone updated and I'm not happy about it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Sent from 1soldier??,and his razr maxx HD? =]

motosux

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Phone automatically downloaded update and asked to install. Next screen said during update phone will shut off and turn back on. That's it! No warning that update would remove certain things. It really shouldn't be called an update when it really is an upgrade. When you update an o/s on a pc you still have all files and info you put on the PC. This is more like a complete new install of the o/s. They should inform there customers of this. The phone is now a different product than the one I purchased. When you buy a car and it comes with the options you want and a year later you bring it back to the dealership for service to maintain performance you hope you get the car back as you bought it and not with an 8-track were the CD player used to be. I know that sounds dumb but that's what they did. They took the phone you chose over all the other phones and changed it to a phone you might not have chosen. Does it make sense that now with the update when you press the power off another screen pops up and says this will turn off phone . Duh Isn't that why I pressed power off? Its called a smart phone and yet its engineered by stupid people. Also where's the the exit button on the explorer? It seemed to come in handy when you want to start a new search. Now every time I go to explorer the last thing I was searching is still there . Pretty new icons, but who cares, you only see it a second before you press it

Last edited:

Brian1973

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Updated 2 days ago and WOW, wth?!?! I'm getting txt messages from 6250 that say VZWNMN:1 VZWNMN:2 and sometimes it's VZWNMN:3.... now I'm getting phantom vibrations... no notifications of any kind... just vibrating... every 3 minutes or so at times.... other times nothing.... also my gallery of contacts is being randomly arranged a couple times each day.... Phone did seem a bit slower before upgrade but this is definitely not better! Any idea how to stop those txt messages at least?!?!? Hate to have to data reset phone but I'm starting down the path of saving what I need to... this is rediculous....

Spatchr

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I lost info on sticky notes as well. I read change log before installing update but don?t recall seeing anything on it about it deleting the sticky notes program. Not sure how I would have backed that up either unless I just did a screen shot of each note.

when typing used to hear tones, now I don't hear anything.

The tones when you tap is in the sounds menu, check the box on this screen next to touch sounds.

Screenshot_2013-03-27-07-33-14.png

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Always back up your data before an OS update, and read the changelog. These are common sense things to do before updates.

sounds like it was backed up. this jb mess took away apps that came on the phone containing very important info!!!

oyeyemi808

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Oh and common sense should have been used before removing stock apps or functions from a smartphone for an "update". BTW 1 reason I never post on here is because a lot of the answers and comments are mean and snarky like the above " common sense".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't trying to be mean nor snarky, and I apologize if it appeared that way. The update from ICS to JB was in fact a big upgrade, not a minor incremental change. The fact that it was a new nickname was a clue, but there was also a lot published about the update around the time it was released. There was much made of the fact that Moto and Verizon were jettisoning much of their bloatware.

It's still a good idea to back up your data before an update. The fact that you couldn't backup data from Sticky Notes would have been a big red flag to me NOT to use it to store sensitive or important information.

Anyway, sorry for any offense.

Edit: The changelog posted by Motorola did in fact mention removing Sticky Notes:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/93191

Last edited:

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh and common sense should have been used before removing stock apps or functions from a smartphone for an "update". BTW 1 reason I never post on here is because a lot of the answers and comments are mean and snarky like the above " common sense".

Its hard dealing with different peoples skill levels. if you have any computer back ground at all .. yes its truly common sense. if you do not use a computer i understand why you would just go with the flow. Anytime you have important data its needs to be cloud synced or backed up... no if ands or butts

That being said a better warning should have been given.

We are just trying to help on here sorry we dont use lots of explanation points and emjois

Picture and music app.
as much as i hated moto blurs picture and music app... i miss them google play music is ok but i hate how the pictures are in folders now!!

pete_lockwood

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
If you were keeping important data in your phone, didn't back it up and didn't email it to yourself, I agree, go get an iPhone - I heard they're perfect and wouldn't even lose your data if you dropped and broke your phone or drowned it or lost it. Anyone that smart should definitely get an iPhone, it'll be like a match made in heaven.

Christina Louise

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had the issue where, after the update, the ringtones and notifications keep changing? I know it sounds like a minor thing, but there have been times in the last week where my phone has been ringing and I didn't know it was MINE. I have different ringtones set for different people, and one specific ringtone set for my notifications - I didn't expect it to keep after the upgrade (and they didn't), so I went back and changed everything back to the way I wanted it - the phone keeps changing the ringtones and notification tone to "Unknown" (not even the default). When I change it back, it'll stay that way sometimes for a day, but it does crazy stuff, like make my default ringtone my default NOTIFICATION sound and vica versa (or make either whatever the heck it wants). PLEASE tell me there's something I can do (this is driving me insane, I'm sick of missing calls and changing everything back to my 'normal') - if I wanted the phone to tell me what my ringtones are going to be, I'd have an iPhone.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your ringtones saved on your internal storage or external SD? I find that ringtones saved on external SD can become "forgotten" after a reboot, so I suggest keeping your ringtones on internal storage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol