Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

silverchex

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I lost my AccuWeather widget that was with the Live Wallpaper that came with my phone after the update. Does anyone know how to restore it? The one in the play store is much more inferior.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I lost my AccuWeather widget that was with the Live Wallpaper that came with my phone after the update. Does anyone know how to restore it? The one in the play store is much more inferior.

Motorola's Release Notes for Razr/Razr Maxx for JB: Software Upgrade for the DROID RAZR / DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola... they removed a number of apps including that. They say Google Now is where you get your weather. Personally, I prefer Beautiful Widgets, which does use AccuWeather... it does cost a few dollars, but I like it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-22-13-13-28.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-22-13-13-28.png
    724.3 KB · Views: 60

silverchex

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply! Bummer that they removed that widget. I really loved it. It was animated and would change with the weather :(

Thanks for the tip on the weather widget you're using. I will check it out.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
1Weather and a few hundred others... I've used Weatherbug, 1Weather, and Beautiful Widgets in the past few years, and always go back to Beautiful Widgets... you can find a LOT of weather widgets/app by just starting the Play Store and put in: accuweather

kitty step

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
That's what happened to the weather icon on my phone after I updated this morning. I noticed all my sticky notes were gone too, and they aren't listed in the widgets section any longer. Do you know if they removed this also? I really needed some of the information I had on those!

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
That's what happened to the weather icon on my phone after I updated this morning. I noticed all my sticky notes were gone too, and they aren't listed in the widgets section any longer. Do you know if they removed this also? I really needed some of the information I had on those!

Sorry that you lost your sticky notes data and weather widget. It's always good to get as much info about an OS update *in advance* but sometimes stuff sneaks up on us.

Here's a change log about the Tazr/Maxx JB upgrade:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/93191

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sticky Notes widget was removed as part of the update, which was mentioned in the changelog. Unfortunately, if you didn't save the info from your Sticky Notes somewhere else, I'm afraid it's gone. That's why I never used that widget--no way to sync with the cloud nor backup to a desktop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

rosied34

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I am really mad as well - I loved that weather widget - it was always there - no need to click anything. It changed locations to where you were without you having to do anything. And now there is a great big gap across the home screen - HATE IT!! I must have tried every other one but nothing compares to that one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
you can simply bring it back by drag it to home page. If it is not in the application list, then you can install it.

The widget in question during this discussion is the stock Weather widget that came preinstalled on Ice Cream Sandwich, which was subsequently removed when Jellybean updated. You're correct in that you can install the standalone Accuweather app along with its widget from Google Play, but you can't bring back the original preinstalled weather widget.

savegreys

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yup... I too miss that lock screen! In general... this update is not what I would consider an improvement. My phone now looks like it was designed for a fifth grade student. I had been very impressed with my HTC, it was a big decision to go HTC over the Samsung. But I WAS glad I went with the HTC... unfortunately, this is probably my tipping point. If this is the direction HTC is going, Samsung here I come. In the meantime... time to find a new screen lock that doesn't offend my intelligence first thing every morning.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yup... I too miss that lock screen! In general... this update is not what I would consider an improvement. My phone now looks like it was designed for a fifth grade student. I had been very impressed with my HTC, it was a big decision to go HTC over the Samsung. But I WAS glad I went with the HTC... unfortunately, this is probably my tipping point. If this is the direction HTC is going, Samsung here I come. In the meantime... time to find a new screen lock that doesn't offend my intelligence first thing every morning.

Welcome to Android Central! We're talking about the Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx here. Are you talking about an HTC phone?

Marie Booth-Terrell

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
i also lost my widget from the desktop of laptop. I loved that thing..........Online downloads offered were not as lovely so i wrote an e mail to AccuWeather.com and told them my problem and how unhappy i was...........Then a week later without a reply the widget was restored.
I was delighted.

GARRY CRUMP

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
First you must slide to your homescreen, from there press and hold until widgets pops up. Next, click on widgets and swipe through (alphabetical order) until you see the weather application. It should be smooth sailing from there.