Voice search/Voice commands GONE?

insuranceguy

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Prior to JB update, I could hold down the magnifying glass shortcut button and use the nifty google voice command stuff like "Note to self" "Send text" "Navigate to" etc. Now with JB, long pressing brings up a screen with a search bar and now I have to press the mic icon to do it..........I really liked the ability to hold the key and go straight to voice command.

Is there a way to get it back?

TitoRoE

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You could set the home button to do the same thing... Under settings> accessibility> double tap home...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Voice commands have been folded into Google Now. When you bring up Google Now, first say "Google," wait for the tone, then speak your command. I just tried the "note to self" command, which worked fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Grady Cash

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
This is TERRIBLE!! I used the long press on the search button to "call home" or "navigate to Home Depot" or whatever all the time. I don't want to press several buttons while driving. How can I get back the long press function? Is there an app, widget, custom setting?

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
This is TERRIBLE!! I used the long press on the search button to "call home" or "navigate to Home Depot" or whatever all the time. I don't want to press several buttons while driving. How can I get back the long press function? Is there an app, widget, custom setting?

I must be missing something. My Maxx is set to bring up Moto Voice Commands with a double-tap on the Home button and Google Now by pressing the search button (magnifying glass). Either should work for most common function voice commands.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

You can root your phone and there are several launchers that will allow you to customize all the buttons.

anon(730457)

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm with you, brother. I used it all the time in the car, now I have to squint and press the microphone button too. It used to be no more distracting than glancing at the radio station and pushing a button to change stations. Now it's like looking at it, pushing the button, waiting for the station to appear, then pressing another button to confirm the change. Retardulous.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital