how to exit or stop browser or email webpage on new JB system?

harvener

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Before, with the Ice Cream Sandwich sytem, you could hit menu then "Exit" to stop, turn off then leave whatever webpage you were looking at, even your web email page. Now, with the newer Jelly Bean system, there is no "exit" on the browser menu (left lower menu on my Droid Razr Maxx) So, how do I know it's not still "running"? I don't want to rack up more data time if I'm using Verizon's 4G-- in case I'm away from my WiFi. OR, does it automatically SHUT OFF the browser, now in the Jelly Bean system?

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It won't process any pages when your not in it. You cab hold down the home button till the manager pops up then swipe that app to the right. That closes it out of memory.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
False.. the long-hold on the home button brings up the "recently opened apps" list.. It is NOT a task manager though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
False.. the long-hold on the home button brings up the "recently opened apps" list.. It is NOT a task manager though.

Agree with this. But it is correct that if the Browser is not active (i.e., if you're not actively using it), it won't eat up data. There is no need to kill it.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you swipe an app in that list it closes the app. If you have an app that won't open, do the swipe and most times it works without an issue.

It isn't a task manager. If I called it that I miss typed. It does kill the app though.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Had to re read up above. That was why I called it a manager instead of a specific one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I know from experience that swiping away an app from the Recent Apps list does not always close it out of memory. All you have to do is start an app like Pandora, start playing some music, then try swiping Pandora away from the Recent Apps list. If it truly closed the app, the music would stop--but it doesn't.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've only done it with apps that give me an issue and it typically works. I tried what you mentioned and sure enough it didn't stop. I can't explain why crashed apps work. That is why I didn't call it a task manager.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01