Can search function button be disabled?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to disable the search function button on the bottom right of the phone? The magnifying glass? I keep touching it by accident and it has a hair trigger. Pops up all the time and is very annoying. I'm rooted and looked in SQLite for any type of adjustment but found none. I never use it and it seems way more sensitive than before. Thanks for any comments, a fix would be awesome!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
This post suggests disabling Google Search, but this assumes you're not interested in using Search at all, and would be ok instead with searching via browser:

Linux Tipps, Fixes & More: Fix: How to disable the Google search button in Android 4.1 (the annoying, frustrating, ...)

Here's another one, where the suggestion is to actually modify a couple of system files, so try at your own risk:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/23552-disable-search-button.html
Thanks for the comment, but I'm on GB not 4.1 and yeah I know I should move on but I like it here. I did freeze the google search app using tibu. Didn't help tho, and not sure what it did as I see no changes. Any other ideas besides get with the program and 4.1?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I don't have any other ideas. JB is pretty sweet on the Maxx--any specific reason you're holding back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance