Increased battery drain after dock?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just recently got the Motorola dock from ShopAndroid, which is a nice piece of hardware. I like the desk clock functionality, and it's interesting how the only way you can get landscape mode for homescreens in stock Jellybean for the Razr or Razr Maxx is by plugging it into the dock. It's also nice to see that Moto kept WebTop installed, even with JB.

I did notice, however, that after spending a night charging on the dock, my Maxx's battery seems to drain a little faster than usual (e.g., by the end of the first day, it might be down to 60%, rather than the usual 70-80%). I'm guessing it has to do with the dock service, which stays in memory for a little while after disconnecting from the dock. Anyone else notice this, either with the desk dock or the Lapdock?

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It is not getting as good of a charge because the a screen is on all night. It's taking power while it's getting power. Think of pouring water into a dog bowl while the dog is drinking it. There is a constant give and take. The dock may have lower amperage too, so it is taking longer to charge in general.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The screen is off overnight. What I'm talking about is a faster rate of discharge, not a slower rate of charge. The phone definitely gets charged all the way up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No thoughts since the screen is off all night.

Still possible the charge doesn't do as well as the original charger did, but that would be based on the amperage of the charger. I notice a difference when I charge mine over night and when I charge it for a couple less hours because I went to bed later.

I don't think it is the time spent charging but the amperage of the charger.

Posted via Android Central App