Google Hangout on Maxx

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com
Tried to download the new hangouts, it said it was already installed. When I opened it, it just opened up google talk. And there is no hangout icon, only the Google talk icon.

No way to uninstall either.

Help?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

TheLegoman

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Go to your browser on your RAZR Maxx or whatever phone you have. Open Google Play store there, search for Google Hangout, and press install. There, now you have Google hangout. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

nomadism

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Tried to download the new hangouts, it said it was already installed. When I opened it, it just opened up google talk. And there is no hangout icon, only the Google talk icon.

No way to uninstall either.

Help?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Ran into this post with a random google search - I actually have the same problem with my HTC ONE. Same as you - market saids it's installed, but it actually the same old Google talk. Updating via the play store (both web or within android) doesn't help.

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Really love being able to see when messages were sent/received. However ... CANNOT STAND having no idea who is online or offline. You have a green bar under names at least ... but the mobile app is really lacking in that area. It has a LOT of potential though. Here's to hoping that Voice/SMS will be incorporated soon ...

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't see a problem with knowing who is online since I only use it on my phone and everyone I know who uses it only uses it on their phones also.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

karasamm2

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Really love being able to see when messages were sent/received. However ... CANNOT STAND having no idea who is online or offline. You have a green bar under names at least ... but the mobile app is really lacking in that area. It has a LOT of potential though. Here's to hoping that Voice/SMS will be incorporated soon ...

This drives me crazy too! I use it for work purposes on my phone and I like to know if their phone is even on to see the message! This would be huge if they could add the feature back in

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
What's the difference? You don't know if someone's phone is on when you send an sms. You need to get away from the online online thing that isn't the point of hangouts

Sent from my Razr Maxx HD

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and ??? Did you intend to quote the OP and then forget to type something?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power