unfortunately voice commands has stopped on my droid razr maxx

loiselles

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi Mike,
My voice commands also stopped working and I believe it's directly related to Google Hangouts installation. Prior to Hangouts, Google Talk caused a similar problem after the last Motorola update. I uninstalled Google Talk and it worked fine. Unfortunately we are unable to uninstall Hangouts for some reason. I've been trying to communicate with the Google apps people but can't find a forum where I can directly report the problem. If anyone from Google is out there, I hope they see this post and pay attention!!

Regards,
Deb

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: Motorola Mobility just released an update to the Voice Commands app & is available in the Play Store. I just had it pushed to my phone and it does restore the voice command functions. Turns out I guess it was Moto dragging their feet not, Google. Regardless, lots of folks will be happy campers.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I realize this is an old thread, but I just searched for a solution to this issue, today.
I too lost Moto voice commands on a RAZR M.
I tried uninstalling updates for Google play music, with no success.
I tried downloading the Moto voice commands app, but could not use it, with the "stock rom" I am using. It said something to the effect of illegal action.
So, I decided to embrace the Google now.
I found I had to actually turn on Google now.
Further down in the settings>voice > hot word recognition on
And >bluetooth audio on.
Then accounts & privacy >contact recognition on. This uses your address book to make voice calls.
It works just like the old Moto voice commands. :-D at least for BT phone calls while driving.