text message notifications

netopalis45

May 31, 2013
Visit site
With a previous Android phone I was able to use Android Desktop Notifier to send a notification of text messages, phone calls, and battery information to my computers over WiFi and Bluetooth. After switching to the Droid Razr Maxx I find that this is no longer possible. I believe it was before the most recent update but don't quote me on that. I have even tried another notification app; something that integrates with Google Talk, don't remember the name right now, that has the same functionality and still doesn't get the text message notifications. I usually have the stock SMS app disabled and use Handcent but have re-enabled it to see it that would make a differnence, it doesn't. I do still get the phone call and battery notifications, just not the SMS which is the one I really want. Are there any settings I can change to make this work for me?

netopalis45

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have put somethining on the forum for the notification apps. Like I said, I believe that it worked with an earlier version of Android and all other notifications work except for the SMS notifications, which is the only one I really want. Since it doesn't work with two different notification applications that makes me think that it has something to do with the operating system instead of the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49