Maxx seems to be lagging more and more

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the official JB update, it seems like my Maxx is getting slower and slower. Getting the keyboard to open, opening the browser, facebook, etc. It just feels slower overall.

I'm rooted, and running the Razr M launcher with circle widget, and use Dolphin as my browser of choice. I don't know if it matters, but I just ran Quadrant, and got 2322 for a score. I want to say I used to be over 3K, but I don't recall now. I have about 50-60 apps installed (I think), about 4.5 pages

Short of a factory reset, any thoughts on what I can do to speed things up? I cleared the cache last week, but that didn't make a difference. Is there a tool I can install that might help troubleshoot, maybe show what is causing my issues?

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been using All-In-One Toolbox. Has a good list of cleaning tools and certainly seemed to help my laggy-ness. I've also been noticing an impact to performance that appears to be network related. I'm pretty sure that the carriers' networks have been getting busier and busier due to all the smart phone sales.

Just my $.02

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Do you have any launcher other than stock? You said you have razr m launcher. Try uninstalling it and see how that works out. I have been using nova and apex for a while and i'm convinced that was the culprit for my phone being so slow and unresponsive. As soon as I uninstalled these launchers and wiped cahce my phone has been perfect. Stock launcher isn't so bad when your phone is zipping along being snappy and responsive the way a smart phone should.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to uninstall it. It was manually installed, and it also allows for the circle widget, which the stock launcher does not. I had to copy files in to the system folder, and install them by opening the .apk file.