Display doesn't work

randyw0259

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The screen on my RAZR MAXX went black. I can't use any of the functions. I've rebooted and it still doesn't work. I can tell it is on because the phone rings when I get a call, but I can't answer because I need to swipe the display. Also the green light is blinking notifying me of messages or a missed call.

I recently rooted the phone and installed Rage ROM. It worked for a few days after, but then suddenly the display stopped working.

Any advice is much appreciated.

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Does the display work in the stock ROM? I assume it doesn't. This isn't a result of any physical damage, drop/water, is it? If nothing else works you could try Matt's utility to reflash JB and start over. I've had to do that myself several times due to messing up my device before.

randyw0259

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The screen is completely black. I can't see anything, so I can't get back to the stock ROM. Is there a way to try that without using the screen?

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
So when you reboot no screen flash or splash screen? Sounds like a hardware issue. It may be a brick. If there's any possibility of it being software related, you could try Matt's utility to reinstall stock.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using TapaTalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried connecting the phone to a monitor or TV via HDMI?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

randyw0259

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. I've been able to reboot, but I just get a blank screen when it starts back up. I've tried Matt's utility program, but can't seem to get to run. I might be doing something wrong, not sure. I'll try connecting it to a monitor or TV. That might tell me something.

Hope it's not a brick. In the meantime, the phone keeps ringing and emails keep coming in. Just can't use the phone to access them.

69 Z28

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
My daughters boyfriends maxx did something stupid like that. The only way he could get it to work was to plug it up to the charger and the display would then light up. Strange problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol