Google Now Reminders - Location based using GPS doesn't work well

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious is anyone else with a Razr Maxx is experiencing the same problem.

When I use the new Google Now Reminder feature to generate a location based reminder (e.g. "Remind me to buy milk at Safeway") the reminder is always set but I rarely get a reminder when I visit the physical location. I've learned through trial and error that if I force the Maxx to perform some other GPS based task while I'm at that location the reminder is triggered. (I use the GasBuddy app and do an inquiry for local gasoline prices - this activates GPS and triggers the Google Now Reminder.)

I always leave my GPS radio on so I don't think it's a setting problem. One note, however, I almost never have my WiFi radio on because I figure I'm paying Verizon enough money that I should be using their resources - not mine. Google does give me a reminder on occasion that my location accuracy would improve if I left WiFi on.

Anyone else have this problem? I could see Google Now Reminders being a useful feature but it they don't trigger it defeats the purpose.

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I've seen the same thing. You just reminded me that I set a reminder yesterday to do something when I got home and it never alerted me. Now I'm stuck because I really needed that reminder.

I hope someone else has seen this and knows an answer.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep. I've seen the same thing. You just reminded me that I set a reminder yesterday to do something when I got home and it never alerted me. Now I'm stuck because I really needed that reminder.

I hope someone else has seen this and knows an answer.

Thanks for the information - it's good to know I'm not the only Maxx owner that has this problem.

Concerning the WiFi radio on your Maxx, do you leave yours on or not? If you do, do you allow Android to use it for increased location accuracy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech