Is JB available? I can't seem to connect to the upgrade server

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I just fired up my Maxx after a year(!) since I am really looking for a more reasonable sized screen and hey, look what's in my drawer! And that battery still has 80% charge! :) Aaaaaaaaanyway, I was hoping to get of 4.0, but I can't get to the server. It just says Check for Update is not available at this time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It should be available. I assume you're in the US--is the phone activated on your wireless plan (presumably Verizon)? I'm not sure you can upgrade the OS if you're only going through wifi using a phone that isn't activated on their system.

If the phone is activated, I would do a factory data reset to clear everything out, then try again.

Did the phone seriously have 80% charge after non-use for a whole year? That's insane!

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm on Verizon and it's active. Just got done text my daughter at college. And yeah, I was amazed. I put it aside fully charged, since that seems to be a habit. But for it to lose only 20% was hard to believe.

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I always find it more reliable to manually install updates instead of OTA. Search and you should be able to find the zip files you would need. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo