laparker150

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Did Google kill Navigate? I used it Wednesday and it's gone today. Can't find it in Google store. If they did, what's a good substitute?
Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
The Navigation app isn't in the Play Store but comes with the Google Maps app. Do you have that downloaded?

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Type in destination address, search, click the car in the lower right, select from the options (they are different routes), click start for navigation

Posted via Android Central App

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I really missed the Navigation icon so I removed the recent upgrade to Maps and everything is back to the way it was.

Here's how the process if you want to go back to the way it was: 1) Go to settings. 2) Select Applications. 3) Select Maps. 4) Remove Updates

There are a few other threads on the forum about the removal of the Navigation icon - I hope Google goes back to the way it was. I know I can use Maps to navigate but for me the Navigation App was much easier and faster to use.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Aside from starting in the navigation app what is the differences? Mine is faster on the new one. I get the same exact options but it is smoother for me. Not sure what the issue was. My directions above is the same thing you do in the navigation app except it doesn't offer route options automatically.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis