Google maps navigation with Bluetooth question

mbailey5

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a RAZR Max running Android 4.1.2 and just received the latest Google maps update. I have my Google Now voice settings set to use Bluetooth when available. If I manually start Voice Search, I can speak "Navigate to home" (or an address or the name of an entry in People with an address entered, etc) and the new navigation function in Google maps will open and start giving turn-by-turn directions through the speaker (or my Bluetooth if it is on). I want to be able to do this while driving through my Jawbone Era Bluetooth earpiece (latest sotware updates installed) without having to take out my phone, look at any screens, or make any screen touches. With my Era turned on, a long press on the Era answer button activates Voice Commands and the "Please say a command" prompt. I say "Launch Voice Search" and hear "Voice Search opening". The problem occurs at this point because the phone will not accept voice input from the Bluetooth. If I have someone look at the phone while this is happening, the prompt to speak that normally appears at the bottom of the Voice Search screen never appears and the screen times out (I hear a tone through the Era when it times out). If I have the person tap the microphone icon to reactivate Voice Search, it will accept my navigate command through the Era. Is this a known bug or is there a way I can get this to work using only my Bluetooth?

woodslink

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
You can try the trial version of SoundAbout and see if it works. It is in Google Play. It has various options to send audio over Bluetooth SCO phone (mono) profile and can allow the Bluetooth mic to be used for Voice recognition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance