Droid Razr Maxx not charging

rudedogg9999

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
OK, my wife and I each own the Droid Razr Maxx. Recently her phone died and would not charge back up. She took it to Verizon and the said it was fried. I did a ton of research and tried all the suggestions I came across. I even went as far as swapping my fully charged battery with her dead one to see if it was just a bad battery. Her phone started up with my battery in it and my phone charged her battery just like normal and is still fully functioning in my phone. I tried different charging cables, including 2 OEM ones. When my fully charged battery is in her phone and I plug it in it says charging and shows the little lightning bolt indicator, but the battery just drains down. I even made one of the cables I read about online and connected it to the posts that the battery connects to. This actually charged it up all the way, but when I disconnected it and plugged the regular charger in it just does the same thing as it did before. I did a factory reset. Cleared the cache. There is a cell phone repair shop near me that I took it to. They said if the charging port was bad it wouldn't recognize that something was plugged into it. The guy said it was a bad battery and suggested that instead of paying him I order one off of Ebay (way to turn down business). I don't think this is the case since both batteries operate normally in my phone, I think he just didn't want to admit that he doesn't have a solution.

Anyone else have any suggestions on this? (Warranty is not an option)

bosshaug12

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Charging ports can be broken and still recognize a cable plugged into them just depends on what pins are broken or lifted from the board and could cause the phone to show its charging but not charge.

My suggestion for you would be to take it to a repair shop, not the one you originally took it too 'cause that guy sounds like a clown, and ask them to try replacing the charging port. You don't really have anything to lose since the phone doesn't work as it is. If it fixes it awesome but if not you might just have to look into a new phone.

Good luck!

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
This is common with the micro usb charging ports. I plan on getting my wife this phone in the next couple of weeks, Yes i know there are new devices coming out but with her coming from an iPhone with the big ole charging port i feel this will be a good fit for her with longer battery life. But this thread will remind me to make sure she is careful plugging in the charger. I remember when i first got my maxx hd how tight the charger went in. that was a good thing knowing how sloppy the iphone 4 charger felt.

Rinimand

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem and it's solved (for me at least).

I normally plug it in each night to charge. For the last 2 days, the battery hasn't been charging. Today my battery ran dry. Plugged in to wall outlet is my regular charging method. I tried USB and car charger to no avail. I borrowed the micro-USB cable from a friend and now it's charging fine (same outlet). The micro-USB cable plugs into a USB-AC converter and I'm still using the original one. So the only part changed is the actual micro-USB cable.

About the white light: the white light doesn't remain on for me, but it flashes a bit when first plugged in. With this new cable, it stayed lit for about a minute, then turned off. It only did this when the battery was drained.Once the battery was charged to 10%, the white light no longer appeared, but the phone displays a battery image with "10%" showing. Thankfully this keeps increasing! (now it's 15%)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21