Unlocking a Razr Maxx (XT912)

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So, I bought a code to unlock my Maxx...I'm military and headed over to Germany and wanted to keep using my Maxx with a local SIM..is this going to work or did I just waste $17? :)

Yes, I'm rooted.

ATW,
Chief

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
So, I bought a code to unlock my Maxx...I'm military and headed over to Germany and wanted to keep using my Maxx with a local SIM..is this going to work or did I just waste $17? :)

Yes, I'm rooted.

ATW,
Chief

Yes, you wasted $17. On the bright side, your XT912 will work overseas with a local sim; you just need to find one of the right size (getting easier all the time).

The Verizon XT912 is already unlocked for use outside of the US, no unlock code required.

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
As long as it has pulled its 4.1 update, then the radio is unlocked for global SIMs. There is a block on US carrier SIMs, however, so don't bother trying to throw it on AT&T or T-Mobile here in the States.

Posted via Android Central App on Manta Ray

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
As long as it has pulled its 4.1 update, then the radio is unlocked for global SIMs. There is a block on US carrier SIMs, however, so don't bother trying to throw it on AT&T or T-Mobile here in the States.

Got the 4.1 update...good to know. Thanks again.

ATW,
Chief

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

The XT912 was GSM-enabled and unlocked as of the initial ICS (4.0.4) ROM release. If, for some reason he was still on GB, though, he'd have a problem.

Samir Marcoss

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unlocking a Razr Maxx (XT912); samusa53@gmail.com

hi,

I have droid razor maxx (xt 912). I like this phone, how I get a code to unlock this phone to use it in USA with other carrier.

thnks

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why you need an unlock code to use another SIM...when I'm in Germany, which where I'm stationed, I throw in my German SIM and use it over there. When I come to the US, I put my Verizon SIM back in.

Thanks,
Chief

jason michael70

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unlocking a Razr (XT912)

Hey, did you ever get an answer to Unlocking Razr 912 for use in the US? I can't believe this is the only Droid that can not be unlocked and used in U.S. I am running 4.1 too.

I am checking other sources and will post if I find answer. Let me know if you have 1 already.

Frustrated in U.S. :(