Hey guys,

I have a couple of questions.

1) Is my RAM usage normal? It's always 80%+ occupied. (Please see the screenshot)
    Is my phone acting as it should?-screenshot_2013-08-31-19-57-00.jpg
    2) WiFi doesn't turn off during sleep although I have checked the option and there is no app forcing WiFi to stay awake. None that I know of except Viber that I have selected "Use device's sleep policy".
    Also I couldn't find any strings in build.prop that state something related to WiFi during sleep.
    3) What is Google backup transport?
    4) Why does it show two "Settings storage" apps?
    5) Voice command "Go to ..." doesn't bypass my slide only lock screen. (I've checked the Bluetooth bypass option)
    6) Voice command "Go to ..." returns the "No shortcut selected" error. help!
    7) SO FAR I HAVE FREEZED THESE APPS. CAN YOU THINK OF ANY OTHER APP OR ACTIVITY THAT I CAN DISABLE FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE AND BATTERY LIFE WITHOUT HAVING SIDE EFFECTS? (FYI I'M NOT ON VERIZON)
    Is my phone acting as it should?-screenshot_2013-08-31-20-30-49.png
    8) Phone storage is segmented into 3 partitions. Right? Phone storage, internal storage and "bloatware storage (Just kidding)". Why do some apps go to phone storage and some to internal storage? Where do additional game files go? To external storage?

I appreciate your time.
    08-31-2013 11:19 AM
    1. RAM usage of >80% is normal. Remember that Android prefers RAM to be used, not to be free. I would be more concerned if RAM is constantly >95% full. Here's an excellent article from Jerry Hildenbrand: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

2. You said you set Wifi to turn off while asleep in the settings--where in the Settings menu? I have to go to Settings/Wi-fi, then press menu again and select Advanced, then select "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep." Then you can select "Always, Only when plugged in, or Never." Is that where you're seeing it?

4. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that the Settings Storage that has the blue slider icon is associated with Android Settings, while the Settings Storage with the hammer and wrench icon is associated with Motorola apps.

7. What I've disabled (I'm not rooted, and I'm on Verizon):
    Amazon Kindle
    Android keyboard (AOSP)
    Android Live Wallpapers
    Bubbles
    Calculator
    Chrome
    com.android.wallpaper.holospiral
    Email
    Face Unlock
    Forest Wallpaper
    Help Center
    Home screen tips
    Magic Smoke Wallpapers
    Moto Chinese Input
    Moto Smart Handwriting
    Moto Stroke
    Moto (Chinese characters)
    MotoCast
    Music Visualization Wallpapers
    Netflix
    NFL Mobile
    Phase Beam
    Slacker Radio
    SmartActions
    Swype (I have Swiftkey right now)
    Sync Service (Verizon's)
    Tags
    TalkBack
    Tasks
    Verizon Tones
    Video Calling
    VZ Navigator

8. The 3 partitions are Application Storage, Internal Storage, and SD Card [external]. The App Storage and Internal Storage are partitions of the onboard memory; "Phone Storage" and "Internal Storage" are synonymous. Apps usually install to Application Storage, but some larger apps will default to installing partially on Internal Storage to save room in Application Storage (since the Razr Maxx is limited to 3 GB of App Storage). For unrooted phones, you can never install an app completely in Internal Storage (or on the external SD card, for that matter)--some part of it has to remain in App Storage. Additional data that apps save (like photos that it might take, for example) will typically be saved in Internal Storage, but apps may also have an option to save to the External SD Card.
    backslashV likes this.
    08-31-2013 01:37 PM
    Thank you for your response. Useful article by Jerry but the phone becomes so sluggish due to high ram occupation.. And yes for WiFi I do the same.
    08-31-2013 01:52 PM