Razr Maxx Resets at night...

Callindril

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Several times now in the past month, I go to bed and everything is fine, but when I wake up, the Maxx seems to have gone thru some sort of partial reset...

The wallpaper is reset back to the default droid wallpaper, the keyboard is reset back to the default instead of the swiftkey setup I use, my default ringtone is reset to the default...

But the widgets and icon layouts for everything remain the same....very odd....This morning, the clock widget I use stopped at 02:24am....Had to powercycle the phone to get it to recognize the correct time...

Anyone else seeing anything like this, or have any ideas what might be going on at night, perhaps around 2:24am??

Thanks
Cal

Venez68

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My wallpaper reset to default twice this week, but other than that everything else seems the same.
I have no idea what it could be, maybe some new spyware being loaded onto the phone?!

Callindril

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, woke up this morning, to a reset phone again....Seems the cache partition wipe didnt do it...

I think Im gonna start shutting off 'always-on' apps one at a time and see what happens...

Things like Tasker, Battery Doctor, Trillian...

Callindril

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
So after almost 2 weeks of shutting things off and seeing what happens each morning, I've narrowed it down to my nightly task that Tasker runs...

At 1:00am it puts the phone into Airplane mode to shut off all the radios and save power...then at 8:30 am, it shuts off Airplane mode....Pretty simple I thought...

But once I shut that task off the resets stopped...the other Tasker tasks I have for being in the office, or being in the car, have no effect on the resets, it was just the night Airplane mode switch that did it...

So, anyone else using Tasker to do any nightly scheduled tasks?

Bacher398

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I use Smart Actions. It's probably better to stick with the apps that come on the phone if they do the job. Smart Actions works fine for me.

I set up initially for battery saving actions, auto replies, WiFi/Bluetooth actions, and to allow VIP numbers to come through with everything else silent at night. Eventually I've added separate categories for time of day, driving, battery level, charging status, when "busy" on my calendar, and a couple without auto triggers. Sounds cumbersome but I started out with basics then added some specific actions as I came to want them. It's even given me suggestions when a pattern is detected. Actions are easily added, edited, and deleted. The thing to remember though is that it's an app that shouldn't be force stopped.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol