Clock App No Longer Lets Me Dismiss Snooze! Please Help!

alli143

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Ok so this is driving me crazy. Maybe someone can help me please? So I've always had the "Clock" app on my phone. I never usually need the snooze button but maybe occasionally a few times. Well half asleep as I'm waking up I've tried to hit the "dismiss" button and I've missed. In the past this was never a problem because I'd just go to the notifications drop down menu on the main screen and "tap to dismiss" the snooze. Now if I tap the snooze by accident when I dismiss my alarm it won't appear in the notifications drop down menu at all. I've looked in the Clock app options but there's nothing that relates to my problem. Does anyone know how I can get the "snooze" to reappear in my drop down menu on my main screen? It really bothers me that there's no way I can get rid of the snooze if I hit it by accident.

lebem

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I follow. Dismiss ends the alarm. No further action needed. If you mean to hit dismiss but hit snooze by mistake, it does indeed shows up in notifications.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think that if you accidentally snooze an alarm, you can prevent it from sounding again by opening Clock, tapping the Alarm icon, and unchecking the alarm.

Kayla Donn Halsey

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I think that if you accidentally snooze an alarm, you can prevent it from sounding again by opening Clock, tapping the Alarm icon, and unchecking the alarm.

That's still annoying. It's nice to be able to dismiss the entire alarm from the notifications. Going into the clock and turning the alarm totally off and then back on (because alarms are used every single day, hence the option to have them repeat every weekday) is a pain in the ***, especially when my old, shxtty, backup Optimus S phone DID have the option of dismissing from notifications.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Then I suggest checking out one of the many 3rd party alarm clock apps available on Google Play.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad