I can't find the new ring tones on my note 8 or my old ringtones on my old SD card. Do I need to be using a different file manager to find them?
    09-21-2017 01:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! What new ringtones are you referring to? Did you download them using an app like Zedge, or did you copy mp3 files manually to the /Ringtones directory?
    09-21-2017 12:50 PM
    In my new note 8, There are about 35 ring tones available in any contact record. Go to contact record, push edit, scroll down to view more, scroll down to ringtone. When I go to ringtone directory under My Files/ Audio/ Ringtones there are 2 tones from the factory. So this is not where the other 35 ringtones are stored. I'm not very tec savy so seeking help.

My old note 4 had a about 60 ringtones and I liked them better. I can't locate them on my note 4 either.
    09-22-2017 02:07 AM
    The preinstalled ringtones on any phone are in a protected system directory. The /Ringtones directory you're referring to is the user directory, where you can put your own custom ringtones. Which tone files do you see there? Are you sure they're from the factory? If it's a Hangouts tone, that's actually considered 3rd party.
    09-22-2017 11:34 AM
    I was able to do it without rooting. If you have Facebook try putting your custom mp3 ringtone inside the storage/sdcard0/media/audio/notifications folder. My txt message settings recognized it

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to do it without rooting. If you have Facebook try putting your custom mp3 ringtone inside the storage/sdcard0/media/audio/notifications folder. My txt message settings recognized it
    What! Man! You're a genius! Worked like a charm!
    12-27-2017 12:18 PM
    Works! Thanks!
    12-27-2017 12:19 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Could you explain how I find that path please on my note 8. I'm all over the shop lol x
    (Even with esfileexplorer I cannot find anything saying notification) did Oreo block this?
    10-23-2018 03:58 PM
    For Note 8

/ > system > media > audio > ringtones .
    Today 04:56 PM
33 12