Changing boot image after kernel flash?

anon(818769)

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi I just recently flashed the JBX Kernel and after a day of use decided that I didn't like it. I re-flashed Cyanogenmod and my kernel is back back to what it was, no problem there. But I noticed that the initial boot image, (the big Motorola M) that appears right when you power on the razr, is still the JBX symbol from that kernel (same when I switch to my stock rom). Is there anyway I can change this? Is there some obscure file I need to change somewhere or something? I suppose I was never really fond of that M before either... Thanks!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I know that will change the boot animation, but will it change the symbol i see when I first power on my device?

No that image is controlled by a file packed inside the kernel, only flashing a new kernel will do it. Did you wipe both your dalvik cache and cache? There's no reason as to why it shouldn't be the stock cm boot image.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

anon(818769)

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah wiped delvik and cache and I'm on the stock CM kernel. I have the stock cm boot image too, the blue spinning circle, it's just that the JBX symbol is still coming on in place of the motorola one when I first power on my device.

ivan8r

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Didn't like JBX so I used the Kernel Restore to get back to my old kernel back. I also reflashed my ROM. Even after that I still get the JBX splash screen at startup. If anybody can help me replace that image I would appreciate it.