This forum is getting to be a ghost town. I remember in the beginning it was fast moving and packed. The original Maxx was pretty cutting edge back then. I've had mine since day 2 or 3 and it is still serving me well except for one irritating habit it seems to have picked up. That is it frequently loses the 4G/LTE signal. The blue bars turn white. It usually takes a reboot to get it back then all is usually well. I looked at the new droid Maxx at the Verizon corp store earlier today. Nice device. Really bloated up tho with junk. I really appreciate the big battery and I'm pretty doubtful I could ever settle for a lesser battery in any new phone, so moto it probably will be when I can't hold out any longer. I suppose there are after market larger batteries for other devices , but I always hated the hump back look. I'd really like to hold out long enough to see what Verizon is going to do with the unlimited data users. The net neutrality issues are supposed to be ruled on by the end of this year or first of next year or so the reports are saying. I'd hate to buy a new full price device only to have Verizon start throttling LTE into un-usability after they decide they can. We all know they want us off UL and on shared. Whenever this should happen myself along with many others will be making changes. I've already figured out AT+T has a better deal for me if it comes down to it. I may go there. I guess I rambled away from my point which is, has anyone else noticed issues with holding onto 4G signal? Since a simple reboot fixes it, I'm thinking phone and not network is the issue.
    Also wondering if anyone else is on the fence about upgrading especially the UL folks. I've heard a lot of people saying they're taking a "wait and see" approach. Who the heck wants to spend full price, unsubsidized bucks only to then get throttled into some lower speed that makes doing anything a problematical nightmare. I recall being throttled on 3G after going over my line in the data sand Verizon had drawn and it was pretty bad. Then maybe they won't throttle us to badly, but with the big buyout and their need for cash flowing in. I wouldn't be surprised.
    Sorry for the ramble, but not really. This forum needed something to read.
    09-13-2013 07:07 PM
    Maybe there isn't that much discussion because most Maxx users don't have many problems? I certainly haven't.

I haven't noticed too many problems with 4G, but when I do, I attribute it to the network rather than my phone. Are you able to compare your 4G VZW reception with someone else's right next to you? Maybe they're having trouble holding on to the signal as well.

I agree with you about the new Maxx. Sweet piece of hardware, just flies. I'm not too concerned about bloatware any more--I just disable what I don't want, and if I ever get dissatisfied enough to root, I'm sure I'll just zap ti all. I have to wait until next March before I can upgrade, so I'll either get the new Maxx (hopefully at a significantly lower price) or see what else is new.
    09-13-2013 09:23 PM
    The Maxx has been one of the best phones ever for lack of issues. No question about that. It could be the network that blinks out for a sec then it takes a reboot to reconnect, I don't know. 3G back to 4G handoffs are pretty seemless.
    That droid Maxx is starting to work on me tho. That looks like one sweet device. I see there is root available for it now also. Although it doesn't look like full control. Sounds like a first effort and refinement coming. Gonna be watching for it.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-14-2013 10:17 AM
    They have root for the Moto X and I believe the rest of the DROID line are not far behind. It'll be good to see root for the Maxx.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    09-15-2013 12:45 AM
    Here you go: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=314212

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    cbreze likes this.
    09-15-2013 12:56 AM