Setting email preferences

htoomuch

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I cannot locate where I can change how often my Droid checks for new email....can anyone help me...please!!!
It's set for 30 minutes and I need to shorten the timeframe.

lebem

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Settings app --> Email --> Account Setting --> choose the relevant account and it's towards the bottom under "Data Usage."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

htoomuch

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I have a DROID Razr Maxx. The mentioned procedure doesn't even show on my phone so I guess I'm either not seeing it or I need better directions!

lebem

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm also on a RAZR Maxx and checked that before I posted so I may not have been clear as I was typing quickly.

You need to go to the settings app, not the settings menu within the email app. Quick way is to pull down your notifications and tap the gear at the top near the center of the screen.

Once Settings loads you need to scroll down to the "Accounts" section.

In this section, you want to tap "Email." This will bring up a list of non-GMail accounts on your phone.

At the bottom of this list will be text that reads "Account Settings." Tap "Account Settings."

You will once again see a list of non-GMail accounts on your phone. Tap the account for which you would like to change the sync settings.

Scroll down until you reach the section titled "Data Usage."

Tap "Mailbox Check Frequency." You will be presented with a pop-up selection box with the available options. Choose the one that most closely suits your needs.

You can now either exit to your home screen or use to back button to return to the list of accounts and choose another account to change the sync settings for.

Hope this was more clear.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

htoomuch

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks you "lebem" for replying so quickly...however..I am still perplexed.
When I scroll down to the "accounts" section I have a list the includes Backup Asst, Facebook, Google, Twitter & Yahoo, then it shows "add an Account" I don't have an "email" section that brings up an account settings option. Am I updated with my phone differently?

htoomuch

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
okay...so I stopped at Verizon earlier and I couldn't access what "lebem" was telling me because I had the Yahoo APP on my phone NOT the Verizon email. They settled that for me. Now the new question....
Why do I keep getting "Background Data Restricted" showing up on my banner????

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech