Why do the software updates make my phone worse?

rcwalker_07

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Every time i get one of these software updated it makes my phone worse. it take away features that where awesome... And there is no way to stop it from upgrading or to make it go back to how it was before upgrade. this has happened twice so far. the first time this happened i lost the ability to select music from my library on my phone and set it as a ringtone (i now have to user a downloaded ringtone editor to use my music as a ringtone) also lost photo and video editing features that i used all the time (there is not a downloadable app to replace this lost feature) there were several other little features like this that i lost and could not replicate with apps. And most recently when my phone upgraded (should be called downgrade), i can no longer get 4G service in places that i know its available. I used to love Droid phone and recommend them to friends but now i'm leaning towards the iphone.

Upgrades should inprove the phone not make it worse...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Every time i get one of these software updated it makes my phone worse. it take away features that where awesome... And there is no way to stop it from upgrading or to make it go back to how it was before upgrade. this has happened twice so far. the first time this happened i lost the ability to select music from my library on my phone and set it as a ringtone (i now have to user a downloaded ringtone editor to use my music as a ringtone) also lost photo and video editing features that i used all the time (there is not a downloadable app to replace this lost feature) there were several other little features like this that i lost and could not replicate with apps. And most recently when my phone upgraded (should be called downgrade), i can no longer get 4G service in places that i know its available. I used to love Droid phone and recommend them to friends but now i'm leaning towards the iphone.

Upgrades should inprove the phone not make it worse...
Welcome to the forums! I agree, upgrades should definitely improve the phone.

Have you performed a factory reset lately? Not that it's required, but it usually will help clear out any issues that pop-up after receiving several updates, especially a major one. Let us know if you decide to do so and if it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34