Water Damage Question

eljn0323

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I currently have a water damaged phone and I would like to retrieve some data off of it, but I don't know if its possible.

Simply put, the screen is cracked - the phone has a small ~1mm triangle-shaped chip in the screen right above the back arrow at the bottom of the phone (exposing the inner part) and a spidery-shaped crack at the top right and above the front-facing camera - and the phone was sitting facedown on my kitchen counter for about 25 minutes while I did the dishes, and when I finished, the counter was covered in water and my phone was right in it. I don't know exactly how long the phone was sitting in water, but I'd say about 5-10 minutes.

Anyway, I tried going the phone-repair route and they cleaned away the corrosion but it still won't start up. I've read good things about cell phone data recovery, but I'm concerned that if the motherboard was fried, then I can't recover my data. Is this true?

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, things do not look promising for you. Sorry to hear.

Hello! I currently have a water damaged phone and I would like to retrieve some data off of it, but I don't know if its possible.

Simply put, the screen is cracked - the phone has a small ~1mm triangle-shaped chip in the screen right above the back arrow at the bottom of the phone (exposing the inner part) and a spidery-shaped crack at the top right and above the front-facing camera - and the phone was sitting facedown on my kitchen counter for about 25 minutes while I did the dishes, and when I finished, the counter was covered in water and my phone was right in it. I don't know exactly how long the phone was sitting in water, but I'd say about 5-10 minutes.

Anyway, I tried going the phone-repair route and they cleaned away the corrosion but it still won't start up. I've read good things about cell phone data recovery, but I'm concerned that if the motherboard was fried, then I can't recover my data. Is this true?