locked out after phone repair :(

eljn0323

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
so the people at the local cell phone repair shop were able to repair my water damaged phone by replacing the parts damaged by corrosion with parts from another droid. the repair did not fully fix the phone, as it does not hold a charge (needs to be charged externally to work) but the display works. however, the phone had a pattern lock and long story short i now have to enter the original google email/password to get in. i was told i don't need internet access to do this because apparently the account info is stored locally on the phone, which is good because the SIM card is also lost and it can't connect to the internet.

i'm trying my hardest to remember the account details but if i can't, i want to know if its possible to extract the data from the phone while it's locked. the phone wasn't rooted and i don't think it had usb debugging enabled. if i can't do this, could i extract the data after a factory data reset? i'm trying to avoid going the mobile forensics route. thanks!

Last edited:

eljn0323

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: i repaired my water damaged phone (sort of) but now i'm locked out!

also: it's the texts that i'm most interested in recovering, and i don't know if data recovery software will let me access these.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know its not possible to do that. The lock is setup so someone can't access anything without the information. A factory reset would delete everything from the device including data and texts.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2