Razr Maxx - After Safemode?

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
So, like many others, my rooted Razr Maxx running 4.1.2 is about as slow and unresponsive as you can get. I've performed factory resets/restores in the past. It works for a week or so, then I'm back to what I have now. I've cleared cache, etc, with no luck. Today, I read about going into Safemode. I tried that and the thing worked really well and zippy fast. From what I've read, that tells me that I have application(s) issue causing the slowdown.

Short of deleting all the apps or wiping the device again and starting over, is there another alternative I can use to tell which app(s) may be causing the issue? Can I use Titanium Backup Pro to FREEZE all the apps and unfreeze them one at a time? Would that function as if I removed the apps? If I can do this, is there an easy way in TB to freeze multiple apps at once, rather than doing them one at a time?

I love the battery life and size of this phone and really don't want to replace it, however I can't live with how this thing is working right now.

Last edited:

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
If you have the pro version of Titanium, you can batch freeze all user apps. Yes, freezing apps would be the same as uninstalled them, but it is easier to unfreeze them than to re-download them...

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Well, I got tired of troubleshooting and upgraded to the Droid Turbo. I've had it for a couple days now and still getting used to it. Right off the bat, I'm seeing functions/features in 4.4.4 that I don't care for compared to 4.1.2, but there's nothing I can do about that. My biggest concern right now, not being able to root the Turbo, is how to get similar functionality that Titanium Backup gave me for backup up settings and data.

I'm open to suggestions.