All of a sudden my white Apple ear pods stopped working with my Droid Razr Maxx. As soon as I plug them in and play a video or music it will interrupt every few seconds and it plays out of the speakers rather than the ear pods. I tried plugging in some off-brand ear pods and they work completely fine. I tried blowing compressed air into the headphone jack and even checked for anything that could be blocking a connection... Nothing as far as I can see. I tried re-setting my phone and that didn't work either.
    09-05-2015 06:37 PM
    Make sure the headphone jack is clean and free from any dirt or corrosion. Since you are able to use other headphones, the problem is with the apple earbuds and not the phone.
    09-05-2015 07:08 PM
    Make sure the headphone jack is clean and free from any dirt or corrosion. Since you are able to use other headphones, the problem is with the apple earbuds and not the phone.
    That makes no sense because the head phone jack is clean and they work fine with my desktop, laptop, and my friend's LG G3.
    09-05-2015 07:17 PM
    Apple headphones can be a bit tricky, because their headphone jack configuration can be slightly different from an Android device's. Place the plugs of the Apple earpods and those other earbuds side by side--are the contact bands in the exact same position, or are they offset, even just by a small amount?
    09-06-2015 02:46 AM
    Apple headphones can be a bit tricky, because their headphone jack configuration can be slightly different from an Android device's. Place the plugs of the Apple earpods and those other earbuds side by side--are the contact bands in the exact same position, or are they offset, even just by a small amount?
    Same position, everything. But again it still makes no sense because my friends use my ear pods just fine and they have android devices.
    09-06-2015 06:43 PM
    But again it still makes no sense because my friends use my ear pods just fine and they have android devices.
    Right, but I think there can be some slight variations even between Android devices, especially when it comes to headphones that have microphones and/or remote buttons.

I'm afraid I can't think of any other cause at this point. It's puzzling, that's for sure.
    09-07-2015 12:06 AM
    Headphone Jack is about $10, and YouTube has howto vid. You'll also need the camera bezel...cheap.
    09-09-2015 10:47 AM