Leaked pics of the Moto Droid HD!

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
*scratches head* How can it not be so darn thin??? Does that give a glimmer of hope for a LTE GSII? So many questions... :confused:

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
*scratches head* How can it not be so darn thin??? Does that give a glimmer of hope for a LTE GSII? So many questions... :confused:

i saw some people discussing this, and i think it was over at HoFo. as i understand it, the battery has a lot more surface area, and extends virtually the length of the phone (as can be seen in the leaked pics). but, it's thinner than the usual batteries, which allows for the other hardware to be spread out thruout the phone, underneath the battery. this, in turn, allows the device to be thinner.

at least, that's my take on it...fwiw

Reactions: Jasper

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
That's logical, also makes sense why BMX said the battery life isn't there yet. I presume even with a "larger" skinny battery that it really isn't all that big as far as mAh goes. But then why did BMX hint that it was a next Gen LTE if it's not... :confused:
My guess is it will be a X-mas phone, possibly not that different than the Bionic, slimmer design, different screen, maybe 1.2ghz dual core. Just different enough to market and sell the crap out of it, but maybe not different enough to keep me from pre-ordering the Bionic. My OG droid needs put to rest.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
over at HoFo, a guy named Susurro posted this, and FAUguy said he's someone that should be taken seriously, cuz he knows what he's talking about, "hint, hint":

"It does have LTE, it is not a next gen LTE chip though (those aren't available in a phone until 2H12). Just saw that post by bmx and he is mistaken. The second gen LTE chipsets are a ways off. They will allow some very nice phones, but not this year.

It is not a brother to Photon (different chipsets entirely). Can't believe their source knew the name Spyder but thought Photon and HD were related.

Dinara is higher end? Well it will come out months later so that is a easy assumption.
And that article is wrong, Dinara is 100% not being tested on Verizon. It is an AT&T phone (and isn't actually being tested anywhere right now).

It is a flagship device, actually the Flagship device when it releases (don't ask, I won't say release dates)."

so, Moto appears to be targeting the HD as THE Flagship device for vzw. from what i'm gathering from others posting around in different threads and forums, while the screen isn't true 1280x720 hd, it is something better than pentile qHD - maybe "qHD+"???

i have already run the gamut of emotions on this device - excited, disappointed, confused, etc. but, it looks like it will be dual core LTE, an improved screen, and much thinner. i guess i'm throwing it back into the mix of top phones to watch, and we'll see how it plays out!

If Sussuro (whatever his name is) at HoFo is legit, Fauguy seems to be hinting he could be, then the HD is flagship and a nice step up from the Bionic/Photon/Atrix. It is in fact LTE and not 2nd Gen chip.

I'm sure you are aware of the D3's GPS issue, let this be a warning to those that are buying the Bionic.

Sent from my Droid

Hmmm...that's not how I took it. I thought he was referring to the Dinara as the flagship device. Guess I could be wrong though (or right, lol).

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm...that's not how I took it. I thought he was referring to the Dinara as the flagship device. Guess I could be wrong though (or right, lol).

Lol...ok good I'm glad you took it that way because I thought the same thing but reread it and figured he was talking about the HD. So who the hell knows hahahahaha...whatever right? Its going to be a new device, that's all we need to know lol

Sent from my Droid

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I do wonder if it will be Vanilla. There was some chatter that the Targa was going to be, so I now wonder if the HD will step into those shoes.

I'm just going to throw some speculation out for poops and laughs. They release the HD as a vanilla handset and leave it unencrypted. They did say they would have an option for developers. So there it is. The HD, vanilla and "unlocked"

Sent from my Droid

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I do wonder if it will be Vanilla. There was some chatter that the Targa was going to be, so I now wonder if the HD will step into those shoes.

I'm just going to throw some speculation out for poops and laughs. They release the HD as a vanilla handset and leave it unencrypted. They did say they would have an option for developers. So there it is. The HD, vanilla and "unlocked"

Sent from my Droid

Anything is possible - I remember the "chatter" about a vanilla phone, possibly the Targa, prior to Targa becoming Bionic. I don't think it is crazy speculation - the Droid HD seems to be a phone to target the GS2.

For what it's worth - wnrussell on Hofo says the Droid HD will be worth the wait (..although, IIRC he said that about the Bionic, LOL)

My OG Droid still works good enough, for now, I actually like the Bionic(I had planned on buying it day 1), but there is no reason for me to be in a rush. I might have to take a little time off from the forums for a few weeks and let everything settle out a bit - before I go Nuts, lol.:-\:confused:

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

Sent from my Droid

In the pic of the hd with the screen on the status bar looked very blur-ish to me. I'm guessing if they're testing it with blur, it'll release with blur.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Anything is possible - I remember the "chatter" about a vanilla phone, possibly the Targa, prior to Targa becoming Bionic. I don't think it is crazy speculation - the Droid HD seems to be a phone to target the GS2.

For what it's worth - wnrussell on Hofo says the Droid HD will be worth the wait (..although, IIRC he said that about the Bionic, LOL)

My OG Droid still works good enough, for now, I actually like the Bionic(I had planned on buying it day 1), but there is no reason for me to be in a rush. I might have to take a little time off from the forums for a few weeks and let everything settle out a bit - before I go Nuts, lol.:-\:confused:

Wnrussell just said nobody is excited about the Bionic. Ouch. That means Moto doesn't have high hopes for it.

I say you'd be smart to take some time off but you know you won't be able to :)

Are you getting the Bionic or are you waiting a bit to see how everything plays out?

Sent from my Droid

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Wnrussell just said nobody is excited about the Bionic. Ouch. That means Moto doesn't have high hopes for it.

I say you'd be smart to take some time off but you know you won't be able to :)

Are you getting the Bionic or are you waiting a bit to see how everything plays out?

Sent from my Droid

Ha Ha, yeah, it's nearly impossible to stay away for long.

I am leaning toward waiting for more info on the Droid HD, I like the look of it, but I want to see how it stacks up against the Bionic. I wouldn't bother waiting for a phone just for a couple of MPixels for the camera or .2 GHz on the processor, and I am definitely a fan of Motorola build quality and reception, and TI's OMAP SoCs - The Droid HD looks like it might shape up into something special(Hey, it has to be either a better phone than Bionic or a lower tier phone or setup to appeal to a different customer than Bionic - who knows???)

Honestly, I plan on seeing what info(believable info) is out there on the HD when the Bionic drops - if it looks like it is worth waiting for, I will wait for it, unless my Droid dies, lol.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm following the HD as well. I want to see where this goes. Looks interesting and I would think it will be a nice little step up from the Bionic. I'm really really REALLY hoping they go in a different direction with the HD. As in no WebTop.

Sent from my Droid

csschrot

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
While the Droid HD may be worth the wait the real question is how long of a wait. Sad to say that in my case my phone is almost useless. The bionic is the best now or shortly. If they are talking that the HD will only be a month behind maybe. I think as others have stated it will be a Christmas phone. That is just to long to wait.

I love tech just wish I could afford to upgrade every 6 months instead of 18-24 months. Such is life. :)

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I agree, how long of a wait and what are the specs?? We should know that information about 2 months after the Bionic is released... :mad:

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm sort of relieved Motorola isn't excited about the Bionic. Hopefully they will really step up their game with the HD now. Lets go Moto!

Sent from my Droid

i'm betting that leaked specs will coincide with the release of GS2 and Vigor. it seems that leaks of the "next best" usually coincides with competitors' releases. so, it shouldn't be too much longer - less than a month, probably. especially since we've already seen pics.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Come on now...seriously?

Husker you better tell me different or I will drive to Motorola HQ's and strangle Sanjay with his tie.

This is riduculous if true. So I don't blow up my neighborhood I'm going to wait for official word on this. You can't name the Droid HD and pack a qHD in it. Thats nonsense plain and simple...

Maybe HD stands for "Heavy Duty"? Haha. Or... "Highly Disappointing" ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
If this has a weird resolution then developers are going to have to optimize apps specifically for this phone. I don't understand why they didn't just make it 720p. I'm still not sold on this device being worth waiting any extra time over the Bionic if we don't get something other than a different screen and worse battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance