10-03-2011 07:28 PM
102 123 ...
tools
    Engadget got some pics of the unseen moto droid hd. It's looking real slim from the pics (next gen LTE hardware!!). I really hate blur, but it's going to be a toss up between the nexus prime and this one for me .

Motorola's new Droid HD makes cameo alongside Droid Bionic -- Engadget
    EggoEspada likes this.
    08-17-2011 07:57 AM
    Dam that looks nice.
    08-17-2011 08:42 AM
    Looks nice but I'm probably going to stick with the Bionic.

A.) I'm tired of waiting
    B.) Who knows when this will be released
    C.) Same internals as the Bionic
    D.) 4.5 is too big for me, I already have a tablet.
    rutkind likes this.
    08-17-2011 09:12 AM
    Oh sweet thinness. This is looking like everything I want in a phone.
    08-17-2011 09:13 AM
    And you don't even know half the specs. It will impress.
    08-17-2011 09:31 AM
    Looks nice but I'm probably going to stick with the Bionic.

A.) I'm tired of waiting
    B.) Who knows when this will be released
    C.) Same internals as the Bionic
    D.) 4.5 is too big for me, I already have a tablet.
    A.) Sorry I can not help here.
    B.) I do and not anytime soon.
    C.) No
    D.) I have not used it so I can not comment.
    08-17-2011 09:34 AM
    In this case 4.5" won't be too much. It has a much thinner bezel which pretty much gives it the same dimensions as the Bionic more or less.
    08-17-2011 09:40 AM
    C.) No
    So you know the specs and release date of an unreleased phone but haven't handled it? Regardless, a phone this far into development will be packing an OMAP 4460 at best and I'll take a performance loss over waiting forever. Again.
    08-17-2011 09:44 AM
    wHAT IF THIS is THE dROID bIONIC!!!
    adinofaries likes this.
    08-17-2011 09:46 AM
    I wonder if this is the moto dinera that bmx and others have previously hinted at? If I remember correctly that was rumored to release around the holidays.
    08-17-2011 09:48 AM
    It is not the Bionic. And there is a good chance M.
    08-17-2011 09:51 AM
    And you don't even know half the specs. It will impress.
    4.5 screen
    LTE
    Dual Core
    Epic Thin
    Full HD screen

That's all I need to know.
    08-17-2011 10:14 AM
    I wonder if this is the moto dinera that bmx and others have previously hinted at? If I remember correctly that was rumored to release around the holidays.
    That's an At&t phone. They are similar though.

Sent from my ADR6400L
    08-17-2011 10:27 AM
    I like the form factor of this phone way better than previous moto phones. So much sleeker...
    08-17-2011 11:37 AM
    C.) No
    Great, we've already got fanboys of the phone! :P At best the specs in this phone will be: 1) upgraded screen (peformance loss with current SoC) 2) current gen SoCs clocked higher (to balance the performance back). The thinness is alluring, but it doesn't really have anything over current dual-core phones with similar specs, and I bet the Exynos SGSII still outperforms it. No reason to wait for this, in my opinion!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    08-17-2011 11:38 AM
    Droid Life has supposedly confirmed with a source that this is NOT the Dinara (which is headed to at&t). and this makes sense. as jroc pointed out over at HoFo, the Droid name is something exclusive to VZW, since they pay the royalties to George Lucas. so, that would also suggest this is a VZW device.

man, i can't believe how thin that thing is!! that puts it in the same league as the GS2, but with LTE. where's CK - what say you now?! maybe this is what Jha was talking about when he said that the Bionic is not the only product Moto has coming out. (and maybe i might have to take back some (not all, tho) of the bad things i've been saying about Jha.) i'm just gonna take a WAG, and say mid to late Q1 release, with ICS - here's to hoping!!!
    08-17-2011 11:57 AM
    Droid HD huh? Looks promising.
    08-17-2011 12:23 PM
    I might recommend checking our new Droid HD forum.
    08-17-2011 12:26 PM
    Does anyone else remember the pics that came out a while ago that were tagged as coming from the "DROID HD"? The pics were some random stuff, but if I recall correctly, they were taken on the Motorola campus up around Chicago.

Bryan
    08-17-2011 12:31 PM
    4.5 screen
    LTE
    Dual Core
    Epic Thin
    Full HD screen

That's all I need to know.
    4.5 inches= too big
    LTE= we don't know and hopefully 2nd gen.
    Dual Core= engadget said it has a 4430 needs 4460 by the time it comes out
    Epic thin= yay!
    Full HD screen= possibly qHD but probably HD
    08-17-2011 12:50 PM
    4.5 inches= too big
    LTE= we don't know and hopefully 2nd gen.
    Dual Core= engadget said it has a 4430 needs 4460 by the time it comes out
    Epic thin= yay!
    Full HD screen= possibly qHD but probably HD
    how can you say 4.5" is too big?? did you look at the pics of the HD side by side with the Bionic? they have the same physical dimensions, except that the HD is only about 2/3 as thick... this is what happens, as explained in the Nexus Prime thread, when you get rid of the physical menu buttons and incorporate them into the screen - you keep the same physical dimensions, but get more screen.

edit: here's KittenMittens' post from the Prime thread calculating the screen sizes and device dimensions: http://forums.androidcentral.com/rum...ml#post1158287
    08-17-2011 02:06 PM
    It was pointed out to me that HTC uses the Droid name also. I don't know if Verizon has the lock on Droid anymore.
    08-17-2011 03:04 PM
    I need to know in the next week when this will come out.... if it's 6 month away I'm getting the Bionic... if it's 3 months I need to think about it. It's nice looking and thin...
    08-17-2011 03:05 PM
    It was pointed out to me that HTC uses the Droid name also. I don't know if Verizon has the lock on Droid anymore.

For that matter, Samsung uses the "DROID" name too.....the comments haven't been about DROID being specific to Motorola, but rather to VZW as a carrier. VZW has had a variety of phones from various manufacturers (Moto, HTC & Samsung) that have been branded as DROID phones:

MOTO - DROID, DROID2, DROID3, DROID X, DROID X2, DROID Bionic
    HTC - DROID Eris, DROID Incredible, DROID Incredible 2
    Samsung - DROID Charge.

Those are all the ones I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's a complete listing somewhere if anyone cares to find/provide a link to it...... yeah, I'm lazy!!
    08-17-2011 03:22 PM
    Verizon is the exclusive licensee for the use of "Droid" as it pertains to telecommunication devices. That is why it is used for phones released by Verizon, regardless of the manufacturer - Motorola, HTC, etc.

Maybe I am missing something but if this phone is in testing by Verizon doesn't that dictate an imminent release - I thought that Verizon testing was the final phase and doesn't last more than a month or so, if there are no big problems. I know we still need to see FCC approval, although wouldn't it need FCC approval for it to be in testing by Verizon?

Also, I was under the impression, from things I read a long time ago, that Motorola had another big Verizon phone for Q4 that the info wasn't really out there for yet.(basicly, when we first learned about Targa it was said that it was for Q3 and there hadn't been any Q4 phones leaked yet)
    Jasper likes this.
    08-17-2011 03:23 PM
102 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD