Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think this device might get released in november only if they see the bionic not selling vs the competition like the vigor prime and iphone. If the bionic sells well they will hold out and release it when they think it's needed to be competitive. I guessing 1.2-1.5dual core and a high res screen and slimmer.

Bear in mind you can wait forverer and see when quad core options come out. I say wait till november if you can to see all the options unless like me you have two avail upgrades .

They all depends on when the Prime launches. I could see it launching possibly in December but I think early 2012 is more likely.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
i don't think Moto can afford to pass up holiday sales. with the iP5, Prime, Vigor (likely) all releasing after the Bionic, Moto needs something for the holiday sales, and rejuvenating an ad campaign for a 3-month-old device probably won't cut it. thus, enter the DHD - largely the same phone spec-wise (so no big jump in production costs), but a slimmer form factor and better screen (to more directly compete with the iP5).

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping this thing is out around the time of the Vigor and Prime. Sadly, with the recent release of the Bionic, I have my doubts about seeing this before Christmas. I'm wanting a vanilla device, and I doubt any of these phones will deliver that without rooting.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
yeah, but look at it this way - with the Prime not coming until Nov (most likely), we won't have to wait very long for the DHD :p of course, we still have to wait from now until then.....

I'm betting this phone wont be out til december. VZW will not launch any phone within 15 days of each other (return policy) and we will have htc, apple, lg, prime and then moto. That is the order I'm thinking of anyway especially since the bionic has just released.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
i can't speak for everybody, but given the recent release of the Bionic, plus the other devices still coming out, i would be ecstatic with a Dec release. i'm just really hoping that this release doesn't get pushed to the beginning of '12. personally, i agree that we're most likely looking at an early to mid-Dec release.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
i can't speak for everybody, but given the recent release of the Bionic, plus the other devices still coming out, i would be ecstatic with a Dec release. i'm just really hoping that this release doesn't get pushed to the beginning of '12. personally, i agree that we're most likely looking at an early to mid-Dec release.

Sanjay did say 2 lte phones before the end of the year. Bionic was one. Unless he was talking about AT&T also.

Last edited:

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Sanjay did say 2 lte phones before the end of the year. Bionic was one. Unless he was talking about AT&T also.
And last year he said they would have a 2 ghz phone before the end of the year and that never turned out either. Closest wast atrix with dual core 1ghz by the beginning of the following year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance