[RUMOR] the Droid HD could be the Droid RAZR?!

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Pocketnow.com has posted an article with a picture supposedly taken by the Droid RAZR - an as of yet unannounced device: Motorola Droid RAZR: First Test Photo

over at HoFo, some the insiders have been saying that the images that have been leaked of the DHD do not resemble the final product, and that Droid HD is not even the final name. apparently, Moto has been keeping some real tight wraps on this device.

all of these bits and pieces of info/rumor have recalled those Moto concept renderings of a few months back: motorola slimline - Google Search

remember the Slimline and Zaha, and the slim, futuristic appearance? some have been speculating that the DHD may actually be the Slimline or Zaha, and may end up being named the Droid RAZR, as a combination of Moto's 2 most successful devices into one, slim, cutting edge Android phone.

of course, it's all speculation and rumor, but i like where it's headed...

Last edited:

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [SPECULATION] the Droid HD could be the Droid RAZR?!

My first thoughts were a Droid branded feature phone, but I like your dot connecting skills haha!

Makes a lot of sense, excited to hear more about this phone as it compares to the nexus device and the Vigor.... decision time is looming, want my first legit smartphone in time for the holidays....

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

I hate the idea of bringing back a dead brand, but I'm liking the sound of "droid razr".

in general, i do too. but in some instances it works; and i think this would be one of them. and, the marketing campaign could be stellar for the Droid RAZR - i just hope they step it up in comparison to the bionic commercials (not a fan).

GBH2

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Never had a RAZR. I think I will hold out for the Droid StarTAC or the Droid TimePort, lol. :)

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

i just hope they step it up in comparison to the bionic commercials (not a fan).

I agree on that front. The commercials should really get back to what the phone (droid) does and not be filled with pointless fluff (battling robots and assembling a phone from their parts). The marketing team seams to be leaning on the robotic/futuristic crap a little too much.

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I agree on that front. The commercials should really get back to what the phone (droid) does and not be filled with pointless fluff (battling robots and assembling a phone from their parts). The marketing team seams to be leaning on the robotic/futuristic crap a little too much.

Yeah it would be nice if they actually let you know they were selling a product....

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

it's looking more and more like like this device could end up as the Droid RAZR, which is fine with me - i like the iconic revival: Motorola Spyder Codename Pops Up Again and in Photos, Could be the DROID RAZR - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

also, someone just posted over in HoFo about this, and it makes sense. remember the VZW focus group docs Phil leaked a while back?? ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/105382-docs-verizon-focus-group-unconfirmed.html ) in those docs, it mentions an extremely thin LTE device, with kevlar material. the leaked pics from This is my next over the weekend specifically discuss a kevlar backing. probably too much of a coincidence (unless the This is my next tipster just regurgitated the info from the focus group docs). the focus group docs corroborate most of the specs leaked over the weekend:

1800 mAh batt
1.2 ghz dual core
8 mp camera
qHD Super AMOLED screen (this is big news!)
4.3" screen
127 grams/1/4" thick

if all of this pans out, this is shaping up to be a beast of a device, and might just pry me away from the Nexus.

Last edited:

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site

if all of this pans out, this is shaping up to be a beast of a device, and might just pry me away from the Nexus.

make that double. When this popped up in my Google news feed my first impression was... (the F word). Just when I was in love with the Droid Prime (still am), Motorola (now owned by Google) comes up to bite me in the tookus. Really? REALLY? SUPERAMOLED on a Motorola with KEVLAR?!!!! HD screen, lots of RAM, kick@$$ processor, thin, possibly ICS. I am salivating... utterly salivating. I want another motorola, but the bionic was not doing it for me. This is the Motorola I have been waiting for. I am so excited.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I love my DInc2, but my OG DROID was built like a tank and pulled a signal (almost) anywhere. I also discovered I'm an AOSP fan and prefer it over Blur and even Sense. I was set on the Prime until I caught a whiff of the RAZR. I imagine this won't be a vanilla phone, and that makes me still want to consider the Prime, but I am a huge fan of Motorola build quality. Oh well, the future looks bright if these are our biggest "problems".

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
i, too, have always been a huge fan of Moto devices and their build quality (like the OG). i agree that there's no way this will be a vanilla android device. but, i'm hoping that Moto will follow thru on its promise to allow the bootloaders to be unlocked. if the BL on this device could be unlocked, and couple that with Moto's build quality, this device could easily rival the Nexus, imho.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
well, they aren't yet, but likely will be. but even so, the pressure to lock the BL comes from the carrier (VZW). so, while Google may be all for unlocked BL's, and impose that policy on Moto, doesn't automatically mean we will start seeing unlocked Moto devices out of the box. i hope that eventually Google is able to exert pressure on VZW so that comes to be, but right now i'm not banking on it.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
btw, fone sex over at HoFo has played with a test unit. it's looking very much like the screen is an AMOLED screen of some sort, and not a pentile screen. also, when it boots up, the device name doesn't display as either Droid HD or Droid RAZR. instead, it just says "Spyder XT910"...

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I imagine that the RAZR is still a useful brand. I really disliked the original RAZRs, so the name doesn't appeal to me, but they were very popular with good customer retention, so my opinion doesn't really matter here. Besides, I wouldn't skip it just because of the name.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey