This Is My Next Device!!!

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
http://thisismynext.com/2011/09/24/exclusive-motorola-spyder-features-industry-first-qhd-super-amoled-display-lte-dual-core-processor/

Samoled on a Moto, my dream come true.

rkeller62

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I doubt Motorola is moving to SAMOLED displays, but you never know.

Also:
White point tracking issues
Color shift as display ages
Saturation issues
Possible screen burn-in worries

Definitely NOT my dream display.

5h4un360

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the photos, facing the the phone, on its right side it looks like it has a power button and a volume rocker

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
That is a sweet looking device! But I want to hear what Susurro at HoFo has to say, since it has been said that the testers have devices that don't resemble the final form factor. Apparently, Moto wants to keep this thing under really tight wraps. But, the fact that we're getting more leaks is a good sign, imo.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I think this very well could be the "focus group" device. As for changes in the final product, I think (hope) the capacitive buttons disappear thus freeing up, say 0.2 inches, for a slightly larger screen and ICS. Dream a little....

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
someone over at HoFo just posted that he was able to play with a test unit, and here's what he said:

WOW. Just held it. It's exactly as pictured in the link. Screen is fantastic, Much better than Bionic, so glad I returned mine. It's my understanding that there will be no more physical changes at least.

To those complaining that it isn't MUCH better than the Bionic, wait til you hold it....

looks even better than in the pics, slick, solid, light, looks expensive. Looks much "cooler" (I know that's corny) than the Bionic. From what I hear the exterior is final. I only wish it was 4.5" screen. And yes, non-removable battery, which i don't mind so much. One of the worst things about the Bionic IMO was the design of the battery cover, felt cheap and like it was just a matter of time before it broke.

i'm really getting pretty excited for this phone.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. If that holds true, this thing could come out tomorrow! Well... soon anyway. But does that mean it will ship with Gingerbread? If not, the buttons don't make much sense.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
oh, i think it will definitely ship with GB, since ICS won't be debuted until Oct/Nov. in fact, trying to release with ICS out of the box, as opposed to doing an OTA, would just delay release until after the first of the year. i'd rather have the device release with GB instead of waiting longer for the device, itself.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
oh, i think it will definitely ship with GB, since ICS won't be debuted until Oct/Nov. in fact, trying to release with ICS out of the box, as opposed to doing an OTA, would just delay release until after the first of the year. i'd rather have the device release with GB instead of waiting longer for the device, itself.

Right, but I thought this device was slated for a "Holiday" time-frame. By then, ICS will have been out for a month or two, and I read somewhere that manufacturers already have ICS to begin development. I concede I could easily have dreamt that. In any event, I'm thinking either this or the Prime will be my next phone, and I'm leaning towards Moto at this point.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
you may be right. if the Spyder releases with ICS, that would be optimal; and would vault this device into a tie with the Nexus for me, personally. i'm with you - it's either this or the Nexus for me, and you can take that to the bank!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance