Is This the Motorolar Spyder/Razr

chuban7

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/105382-docs-verizon-focus-group-unconfirmed.html
http://www.androidcentral.com/motor...er-carrying-qhd-super-amoled-display-and-more

This was posted awhile ago, it is a leaked doc from a focus group.
First is was speculated that it was the DB, then the SGS2, now I believe that this is the Sypder/Razr because most of the rumors match up.

Super Amoled [Check]
Kevlar [Check]
Thin [Check]
1.2gHz processor [Check]
8mp camera [Check]
4.3 inch screen [Check]
HD Video Camera [Check]

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
That survey was the first thing that came to mind when looking at the specs of the device

EDIT: if what that survey says signifies anything about this devic, it also means it's super slim, has an 1800mAh battery and global support.

Last edited:

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
This phone looks wonderfull I loved my og razr and still have it. I think this will be next big phone since htc doesnt have anything up there sleeve right now.. Other then the prime or nexus sbut there rumors have been out for sometime now.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not a big fan of the vigor. Nice specs but looks like the Droid incredible 2. The razr has leaks of a far better screen super amoled qhd with 1080p hd recording. If the exterior specs are true, Kevlar and other provective coating I'm down with this over the prime.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The Vigor has a 720p HD screen. Theoretically, that's better than the qHD rumored in the RAZR. It's a higher resolution, anyway. For me, the race is between the RAZR and the Prime. I love vanilla android, and the renders floating around are sexy if that's what the Prime ends up looking like. Still, I am drawn to Motorola....

KittenMittens

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/105382-docs-verizon-focus-group-unconfirmed.html
http://www.androidcentral.com/motor...er-carrying-qhd-super-amoled-display-and-more

This was posted awhile ago, it is a leaked doc from a focus group.
First is was speculated that it was the DB, then the SGS2, now I believe that this is the Sypder/Razr because most of the rumors match up.

Super Amoled [Check]
Kevlar [Check]
Thin [Check]
1.2gHz processor [Check]
8mp camera [Check]
4.3 inch screen [Check]
HD Video Camera [Check]

So I was reading about the Droid HD / Spyder / RAZR while listening to the This Is My Next Podcast, and they mentioned kevlar and I immediately thought of this focus group thread, and just started reading some of it to check if the rumored specs matched up, and everything was right like you pointed out. But I discovered one more thing to add to that list...

I was hoping when it said "Super AMOLED Advanced display delivers superior colors, enhanced readability, 35% more pixels than the competition." that they were talking about Samsung's Super AMOLED Plus displays, which are advertised as having x% more "sub-pixels" (just looked it up and it's 50%) due to them now using the RGB sub-pixel layout, as opposed to the PenTile matrix which is used on their AMOLED, and Super AMOLED displays.

But if you check the specs here...

Exclusive: Motorola Spyder (Droid RAZR for Verizon?) features industry-first qHD Super AMOLED display, LTE, dual-core processor | This is my next...

They mentioned that it will be Super AMOLED at qHD (960 x 540) resolution, and I did some calculations and this is what I discovered...

I calculated 960 x 540 = 518,400 and then calculated 800 x 480 = 384,000 and then divided it: 518,400 / 384,000 = 1.35 hence the "35% more pixels."

Though, I've never heard of Super AMOLED "Advanced" so this could be something new, but I'd still guess it's just Super AMOLED at qHD resolution, which will still be good, but not as great as the 720p Super AMOLED on the Prime.