motorola actv vs sony ericsson live view?

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
what is the difference? they are pretty much the same. they both read text and show who is calling, missed calls...
they both show workout info.
the se live view can play music and has a speaker.
can the motorola do that too? i know it has the ability to play music, but does it have a speaker too?

i want to know the difference in both and was wondering if any one else knows?

i had the sony ericsson mbw 150 watch, and it did it's job well, when i had the se c905.

then i went to android and couldnt use it, until a cool app came out, which let me use it, but the lcd brightness got really dim, that allowed me to use it at night time only, which is ok, cus i dont have to pull out my fone while at the club or at a party, i just look at my watch. and it reads my text and missed calls, and tells me who is calling.

so what is the difference in both? which is better? will they work with any other fone? i know the live view, is able to work with any other fone that is in gingerbread, last time i remember. can the actv be compatible with other devices too? or just razr?

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
from what I read ,
The LiveView is more like an accessory to your phone & its totally depending on it to do more than a clock

While The MOTOACTV is more like full-blown gadget with it own storage space (8GB\16GB) , Heartbeat monitor , FM radio , built-in GPS , BlueTooth & Wi-Fi built-in the MOTOACTV it self

I think the MOTOACTV is more like a mix of an iPod Nano , Sony Ercisson LiveView , a fitness gadget all in to one

Regarding the compatibility ,

- The LiveView works with all Sony Ercisson 2.0 & up Android phones , plus :

"Compatible with most other brands on Android 2.0 and up that are equipped with Bluetooth™ 2.1"

LiveView

- The MOTOACTV works with "Motorola Android Phones"

I reed it in MOTOACTV website

There's the price issue too ,

The LiveView costs 45 Euros , While the MOTOACTV costs 249 dollars for the 8GB model & 299 dollars for the 16GB model

Im sure this is not the answer you want , Im also looking into the same thing & im really interested in getting one

I wanted to get the Sony Ercisson MBW150 & use it with my W910 back in the day , but I didn't find the one Im looking for , I saw the LiveView a while ago , but I didn't get it since I was considering jumping to Windows Phone 7 , Im reconsidering getting one for my Atrix

https://www.motoactv.com/

LiveView

kev83202

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The actv should be compared to a garmin or Polar gps running watch with the added bonus of having MP3. I think they confused people by announcing it with the Razr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12