10-19-2011 12:54 PM
    I wonder what the four buttons will do on phones that have been upgraded to ICS?

I'm excited for ICS on my XOOM.
    10-19-2011 04:03 PM
    I wonder what the four buttons will do on phones that have been upgraded to ICS?

I'm excited for ICS on my XOOM.
    I'm very confident Motorolas UI will remove the on screen buttons since they cannot remove the physical ones. And yes I'm excited to get ICS on my Xoom too. Since its a GED I'd probably expect the update to come late this year very early next....
    10-23-2011 10:13 PM
    I'm very confident Motorolas UI will remove the on screen buttons since they cannot remove the physical ones. And yes I'm excited to get ICS on my Xoom too. Since its a GED I'd probably expect the update to come late this year very early next....
    I agree, makes sense not to have the onscreen keys. RAZR and others won't have the extra .35 inches for those onscreen keys. Just because it has ICS doesn't mean it needs no capacitive keys?! The capacitive keys will do what they do now, but running 4.0. I would hate to have a phone with capacitive keys and can't use them, then they took part of my screen to add onscreen ones. That's just me.
    10-23-2011 10:43 PM
    I agree, makes sense not to have the onscreen keys. RAZR and others won't have the extra .35 inches for those onscreen keys. Just because it has ICS doesn't mean it needs no capacitive keys?! The capacitive keys will do what they do now, but running 4.0. I would hate to have a phone with capacitive keys and can't use them, then they took part of my screen to add onscreen ones. That's just me.
    I'm sure Motorola's UI will remove the on screen buttons to utilize the capacitive buttons. I still don't like that idea because on screen buttons can/will change depending on the app you are running, nearly vanish when watching a video, etc etc. I think manufactures are on their last line of phone with capacitive buttons.
    10-24-2011 12:04 PM
    I think manufactures are on their last line of phone with capacitive buttons.
    I have to agree. No sense making capacitive buttons when they are built in to the software...
    10-24-2011 12:29 PM
    I think manufactures are on their last line of phone with capacitive buttons.
    That's my bet as well.
    10-24-2011 12:42 PM
    I'd also think Motorola will be quick to put out a ICS version of the Razr. There Xoom has been out for 9 or so months and it has on screen buttons that work beautifully. They also did a great job with a button press battery pull (power + volume up) so they all the elements ready to go.

After typing that I'm surprised they released the Razr unless they have something really big in store for a stock ICS device. They just released the Bionic. Why not wait till they could get their hands on ICS and koad it onto the Razr and ship it out at the beginning of the year? Unless they are trying to compete with the Nexus and get it too the store pre Xmas....
    10-24-2011 01:23 PM
    Looks like Motorola wants to take a run at Samsung and Apple before the year is out.
    10-24-2011 08:51 PM
    I'd also think Motorola will be quick to put out a ICS version of the Razr. There Xoom has been out for 9 or so months and it has on screen buttons that work beautifully. They also did a great job with a button press battery pull (power + volume up) so they all the elements ready to go.

After typing that I'm surprised they released the Razr unless they have something really big in store for a stock ICS device. They just released the Bionic. Why not wait till they could get their hands on ICS and koad it onto the Razr and ship it out at the beginning of the year? Unless they are trying to compete with the Nexus and get it too the store pre Xmas....
    There's a reason Moto went with the OMAP (rather than Tegra 2 or Exynos) - it's because Google has already optimized it for the Galaxy Nexus - much less work to get it going on the RAZR. They will get ICS on it ASAP because they want to compete with all the Galaxy phones. Also, they have really toned down the Motoblur (even on Gingerbread) to mostly stock icons. By the way, on Gingerbread Motoblur gives you the option to "Hide" those unremovable bloatware (Verizon I'm talking about you) even without ICS. I think the manufacturers are going to work on optimizing certain apps (like E-mail to help with IT managing policies on Exchange). Also, Motocast looks very promising for accessing your home mutimedia library.
    10-27-2011 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD