Long time and loyal Android fan looking to vent. I actually for one like the design of this phone. A phone that is thin is pretty much a selling point for me because portability is a major factor. Though I think that this phone will be pretty wide, looking at the specs, but I think it's unfortunate that this phone isn't coming with ICS. Not that it's a deal breaker for me, but the design, oddly enough, I LIKE IT! I'm not to sold on the Samsung phones. The newer ones just don't have the same quality. Though Motorola is lagging on this device with the initial push of software, I still think that I'm going to stick with this device over the Galaxy Nexus. Don't get me wrong, that is a feature packed phone and ICS is GREAT in my opinion, In thinking, I kinda think I'm getting shafted by getting the Motorola since there will be a newer phone, more options, newest Android OS out there. This decision SUCKS... Which are you guys deciding to go with and why? For some reason, I really could see this happening in the next couple of months, they take the Droid RAZR, remove the capacitive buttons at the bottom, stretch the screen to 4.5 or 4.7 and there you have it,the Droid RAZR 2. For some reason, it kinda seems worth waiting for... Decisions Decisions

Though this post may be contradictory at some points, I was just bored and venting... lol...
    10-19-2011 04:33 PM
    The sole reason I'm considering this phone is because of its design, which says a lot considering the Nexus has a superior camera, superior screen, superior processor (4460), NFC, and ICS with software buttons. The biggest thing for me is NFC, even though I'll never use it. If the Razr had NFC I'd probably get it, but I think I'm leaning toward the Nexus now. Like I heard someone else say, either decision I make I will regret.

Hopefully they'll actually give the Razr 2 good specs, and I'll get that.
    10-19-2011 04:57 PM
    I upgrade often, so I'll buy the RAZR and when the RAZR 2 comes out I'll buy that too. I am going to stick with Motorola because I LOVE the lapdock. It is incredibly useful for me, and I couldn't imagine life without it =)
    10-19-2011 05:24 PM
    I upgrade often, so I'll buy the RAZR and when the RAZR 2 comes out I'll buy that too. I am going to stick with Motorola because I LOVE the lapdock. It is incredibly useful for me, and I couldn't imagine life without it =)
    I wish they instead had a tablet dock that displayed honeycomb.
    10-19-2011 05:40 PM
    I like both at this point and may have to do a side by side before deciding. Not sure if ICS is the killer thing as a first gen OS. It might actually be beneficial to give it a few months to mature.
    10-19-2011 05:54 PM
    The Razr reminds me of when the Ipad 2 came out when I just got my Xoom: I was all excited about my new Xoom, and then it just got completely outclassed in design by the Ipad 2 and looked like garbage to me afterwards. It's the same with the Razr appearing when I was all excited about the Galaxy Nexus now.
    10-19-2011 06:33 PM
    I have made my decision to stick with Motorola and the Droid brand. The Razr is thin, Kevlar, gorilla glass, splash resistant and less CPU/battery hogging Qhd screen. I am an adult, and a quality build and decent battery is very important to me.
    10-19-2011 06:52 PM
    It might not be Motorola's fault they can't launch the RAZR with ICS. Maybe Google wants the Nexus to have it first for some reason. Just a thought. But I'll be going with the RAZR anyways, I have always liked Motorola phones over Samsung phones. And Motorola hit it out of the park with that design.
    10-19-2011 07:27 PM
    I mean of course the Galaxy Nexus has A LOT of features but I always buy the feature packed phone and never use HALF of that stuff.. I guess it's just the mentality of just having it because I can... It's just something that is really attracting me to the DROID RAZR.. They say the Bionic was like 10.9mm and that phone felt huge to me that's why I decided against it. I also didn't like the overall look of the device.. The ONLY reason I still have my TBOLT is because I love HTCs cameras and it has simultaneous voice and data over 3G which is fairly important to me... Hate having to get off the phone to surf. I know that this is a possibility with the RAZR but I'm loving the form factor ALL THE WAY!
    paul-c likes this.
    10-19-2011 07:29 PM
    Supposedly the Razr will get ICS by early next year so that really isn't much of an issue with me. IMO, the design is what draws me to this phone.
    10-19-2011 08:04 PM
    They say 7.1mm thick. How thick is it at the top where the camera is?
    10-19-2011 08:15 PM
    I'm stuck too..love motorola, love galaxy's bigger screen and nfc... I'm not into widgets nor social networking. I'll use facebook app when I want too... So would ics really mean that much to me? I am also very interested in motoactv... I'll have to test each and truly see where my heart lies. It'll br a tough decision but made lighter knowing ics is coming early 12. Though razr will never get nfc or a bigger screen lol..
    10-19-2011 09:30 PM
    They say 7.1mm thick. How thick is it at the top where the camera is?
    My personal perception says 10ish.
    10-19-2011 09:31 PM
    I am leaning toward the Razr as I have not had much luck with Samsung phones. Updates are terrible, I know if will be different since this is a Nexus device but I also think the radios are much better in the Moto phones.
    10-20-2011 10:47 AM
    With the blue tooth remote for the tv I'm definitely getting this over gn
    10-21-2011 12:13 PM
    I'm totally with the OP on the title... I really like the RAZR for it's design and I'm completely sold on it. Except for the fact that it won't ship with ICS. I really like the Galaxy Nexus for the ICS, but I don't like the look of it. Externally it's boring compared to the Razr. It's exterior is bland and almost reminds me of an iPhone. I know I know, how dare I say that word! But really, design and styling and aesthetics carry a lot of weight in my decision on a phone. And in this case, I think the Moto Razr wins over the Galaxy Nexus.

I'm still torn.. I really like the Razr but want ICS. It will be a bittersweet decision in the Verizon store.
    10-21-2011 02:02 PM
    I'm totally with the OP on the title... I really like the RAZR for it's design and I'm completely sold on it. Except for the fact that it won't ship with ICS. I really like the Galaxy Nexus for the ICS, but I don't like the look of it. Externally it's boring compared to the Razr. It's exterior is bland and almost reminds me of an iPhone. I know I know, how dare I say that word! But really, design and styling and aesthetics carry a lot of weight in my decision on a phone. And in this case, I think the Moto Razr wins over the Galaxy Nexus.

I'm still torn.. I really like the Razr but want ICS. It will be a bittersweet decision in the Verizon store.

Believe me I understand. Though the Galaxy Nexus is in the limelight right now.. I find myself ALWAYS going to look for more information on the DROID RAZR. Call me crazy, but I'm sold on the DROID RAZR. Of course, Ice Cream Sandwich and all of its goodness is GREAT don't get me wrong I like it and loved stock Android on my OG Droid. But I think this RAZR has goot me. I think the phone will be tall but it's just something about the thinness of it that makes me want it. I change phones often but I thinik I'm going with the RAZR. Never really had a Samsung phone but everyone that I've seen look cartoonish with it's icons. I do have a Samsung Galaxy Tab but would never want that on a phone. I know ICS is a different story and it looks REALLY good. I'm usually an early adopter of things, but if it wasn't Samsung, I would be all over it. Honestly, the only Nexus phone that I have truly been a fan of was the Nexus One and that one was made by HTC, it's design was just perfect to me other than the trackball... The ones made by Samsung, I walk right by them in the store....
    10-21-2011 03:11 PM
    The Nexus is too big, too thick, and lacks the WOW factor of the RAZR. Plus, the car dock, desktop dock, lapdock, etc... are a big deal to me.

This isn't a tough decision at all. Droid RAZR here I come!
    10-21-2011 08:45 PM
    The sole reason I'm considering this phone is because of its design, which says a lot considering the Nexus has a superior camera, superior screen, superior processor (4460), NFC, and ICS with software buttons. The biggest thing for me is NFC, even though I'll never use it. If the Razr had NFC I'd probably get it, but I think I'm leaning toward the Nexus now. Like I heard someone else say, either decision I make I will regret.

Hopefully they'll actually give the Razr 2 good specs, and I'll get that.
    Camera is not better on the nexus, it may seem better because of the ics camera software. Yes 720p screen is better but 4.65 inches is a whole lot of phone. I have the SGS2 from sprint and I am thinking about moving to verizon and debating between this phone and nexus. The reason for switch is simple, I moved and where I moved to I get the worst sprint service, I drop calls all the time at my house and around that area.

4.5 inch screen is way too big to be honest, I will probably never buy any phone bigger than this. I can't imagine the screen on galaxy nexus, I can bearly even hold the phone in my hands.I wish they made the screen 4.3 or 4.5 max, I don't think I can use a phone with such a huge screen.

super amoled plus qHD is not a bad option at all. The Razr is one hell of a phone if you ask me. The acreen size is perfect.

I bet if you have average size hands and just go hold the phone with 4.65 inch screen you would really wish it was smaller, it gets to a point where your hands will get tired holding such a big scree and it would suck. I am still not used to the big screen of the SGS 2 on sprint. I still wish they made it 4.3
    10-22-2011 01:54 AM
    Camera is not better on the nexus, it may seem better because of the ics camera software. Yes 720p screen is better but 4.65 inches is a whole lot of phone. I have the SGS2 from sprint and I am thinking about moving to verizon and debating between this phone and nexus. The reason for switch is simple, I moved and where I moved to I get the worst sprint service, I drop calls all the time at my house and around that area.

4.5 inch screen is way too big to be honest, I will probably never buy any phone bigger than this. I can't imagine the screen on galaxy nexus, I can bearly even hold the phone in my hands.I wish they made the screen 4.3 or 4.5 max, I don't think I can use a phone with such a huge screen.

super amoled plus qHD is not a bad option at all. The Razr is one hell of a phone if you ask me. The acreen size is perfect.

I bet if you have average size hands and just go hold the phone with 4.65 inch screen you would really wish it was smaller, it gets to a point where your hands will get tired holding such a big scree and it would suck. I am still not used to the big screen of the SGS 2 on sprint. I still wish they made it 4.3
    I seriously doubt they put a 5MP camera in the Nexus without good reason, and the Razr is actually wider than the Nexus is. The usable screen space of the Nexus is also just 4.3 inches, as the software buttons take up the rest.
    10-22-2011 03:11 AM
    ^ must apps you can hide the icons sms use the WHOLE screen.. And play videos in hd with the whole screen
    10-22-2011 10:52 AM
    come to think of it.. I cant find a review where someone plays a video on the phone or shows an app that is in full screen.. kind of strange.. but I'm sure one of you have seen one, maybe? Any links?!
    10-22-2011 03:18 PM
    come to think of it.. I cant find a review where someone plays a video on the phone or shows an app that is in full screen.. kind of strange.. but I'm sure one of you have seen one, maybe? Any links?!
    Don't have any links but Honeycomb has been doing that since release. While I'm sure an app can do it I don't have any. Only the stock video player does it. Works very well though.
    10-23-2011 09:06 PM
    The Razr can't ship with ICS before the device its going to debut on.

Samsung isn't responsible for updates and since any updates will be exclusively released to the GN first waiting for updates won't be a problem. And since its pure android you don't need to worry about touchwiz which isn't a bad UI IMO....
    10-23-2011 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD