Does anyone know where we can order the Lapdock 500 for a better price than $299.99 + tax? I tried to order it from Verizon, but my corporate discount didn't apply even as a separate, non phone order which doesn't apply discounts. Does the lapdock not count as an accessory but rather hardware?
    10-27-2011 08:16 AM
    I had to beat them up to get them to apply it for me when I bought it for my Bionic. The reason he did end up doing it was because he had reassured me about 12 times that it was only $199 not $299, regardless of my data plan. He had also told me he would give me 25% off ALL accessories.

At the register it was $299 and I said "no thanks" and went to leave, cancelling the entire upgrade. His resolution was he ultimately offered the 25% discount.
    10-27-2011 08:35 AM
    I had to beat them up to get them to apply it for me when I bought it for my Bionic. The reason he did end up doing it was because he had reassured me about 12 times that it was only $199 not $299, regardless of my data plan. He had also told me he would give me 25% off ALL accessories.

At the register it was $299 and I said "no thanks" and went to leave, cancelling the entire upgrade. His resolution was he ultimately offered the 25% discount.
    I'm glad you have one so maybe you can help me as I've read conflicting things.

1.) With the lapdock, do I need a Mobile Hotspot plan or will it work off my normal data connection?
    2.) Is the performance of the (Bionic) good or sluggish when used with the dock?
    10-27-2011 08:37 AM
    No, and No.

The lapdock is really slick. The new ones are even better because they have a better keyboard and the 500 has a bigger screen with a bevel cam.

It didn't affect the performance at all, and no additional data plan was required.

Totally awesome. I'm getting the lapdock500.
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    10-27-2011 08:40 AM
    No, and No.

The lapdock is really slick. The new ones are even better because they have a better keyboard and the 500 has a bigger screen with a bevel cam.

It didn't affect the performance at all, and no additional data plan was required.

Totally awesome. I'm getting the lapdock500.
    Glad to hear! I could cancel this mobile hotspot plan at the very least.

Does the dock use all of my phones applications such as Hulu, Netflix, SiriusXM, etc?
    10-27-2011 08:42 AM
    The dock has "mobile view", which is like an application that always runs. It is your phones screen. You can click a button to change the orientation between portrait and landscape, and you can also make it full screen. Therefore you can do anything your phone does on the dock, on full screen. You can use every app.

When you blow it up to full screen the resolution stays good as well...it's using the HDMI connection.

The lapdock then has it's own browser, etc... that uses the phones processor and data connection, but those aren't apps on the phone. Make sense?

It is slick to..when you undock the phone it goes you the option to resume that browsing session, with all the tabs, on the mobile device.

The dock does have speakers and a microphone, as well as USB inputs for thumb drives, mice, etc...

It's an insanely useful device.
    10-27-2011 08:49 AM
    The dock has "mobile view", which is like an application that always runs. It is your phones screen. You can click a button to change the orientation between portrait and landscape, and you can also make it full screen. Therefore you can do anything your phone does on the dock, on full screen. You can use every app.

When you blow it up to full screen the resolution stays good as well...it's using the HDMI connection.

The lapdock then has it's own browser, etc... that uses the phones processor and data connection, but those aren't apps on the phone. Make sense?

It is slick to..when you undock the phone it goes you the option to resume that browsing session, with all the tabs, on the mobile device.

The dock does have speakers and a microphone, as well as USB inputs for thumb drives, mice, etc...

It's an insanely useful device.
    Amazing, now all I need is Verizon to list it outside of my phone order as I didn't order it at the time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    10-27-2011 08:58 AM
    Why haven't I seen a good review from phil or any one at AC? How is the performance using lap dock?
    10-27-2011 10:04 AM
    Amazing, now all I need is Verizon to list it outside of my phone order as I didn't order it at the time.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I held off on any accessory orders with my pre-order because they aren't applying my 25% discount. I will just go snag all the docks at the store. Then I will get the discount and they can put the charges on to my bill.
    10-27-2011 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD