Over/Under on typical battery life

Dolomite

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The only spec or report I have seen so far is 12 hours of talk time.

So under "medium" usage in a 4G area, how many hours do you think the battery will last?

My guess is 12 hours...otherwise people might "complain" like the reports on the 4s.
I would want at least 10 hours.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been troubled over the vagueness of the battery life. Talk time isn't using the data or the screen. Video playback is the screen, but could be data turned off.

I wish they would just be honest and upfront about the battery life. My guess it is is going to be the 6-8 hour range.

Sal

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
All I know is that I must have an answer to this before making a buy decision. I bought the Tbolt on opening day and will never do that again! Worst battery ever! And the extended battery makes it a brick.

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
All I know is that I must have an answer to this before making a buy decision. I bought the Tbolt on opening day and will never do that again! Worst battery ever! And the extended battery makes it a brick.

Moto phones typically have the best battery life as far as Android goes.

CynicX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Mah isnt much more then any other 4g phone. I wouldn't expect much difference assuming that the LTE radio isnt some 2nd Gen model which I'm pretty sure it isn't....

Regardless of battery tech until mah increases capacity doesn't.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Mah isnt much more then any other 4g phone. I wouldn't expect much difference assuming that the LTE radio isnt some 2nd Gen model which I'm pretty sure it isn't....

Regardless of battery tech until mah increases capacity doesn't.

I welcome the 1780 battery after using the Bolts 1400.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sal

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well the first wave of reviews today -- including engadget, slashgear, gizmodo and the one right here in the news section -- aren't very promising. Sounds like that sealed battery could be a issue with typical LTE battery problems and no ability to swap on the fly.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
>> Sounds like that sealed battery could be a issue with typical LTE battery problems and no ability to swap on the fly.

Should come as no surprise to anyone paying attention. There is no battery life silver bullet for Verizon's 4G phones. Battery life won't get appreciably better until the 4G radio gets integrated into the SoC and manufacturing transitions to 28nm. You're looking at Q1/Q2 of 2012 before this happens.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Don't know what you all are watching, but reports I'm seeing, from BGR's and others suggest that this is finally the battery for 4g services. I think it's BGR that reported that it lasted 2 days with typical use! That's not like my old Palm days, which could live for 4-5 days, but we didn't surf the web much on the phone then, but dang, 2 days is fantastic news!

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
As long as it lasts ~8 hours of moderate use I'm good. I dock it in the car, which provides power. The weekends I don't use it as much, so all day shouldn't be a problem.

I'm good either way. If I have to I can just plug it in at my office. No biggie.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Phone Arena tested the talk time and got 10 hours.

Thats 2 and 1/2 hours less than advertised...BUT....its similar to the Bionic when Anandtech tested it. And the Bionic has the overall best battery life of current LTE phones on Verizon. With talk time being the biggest difference vs. the other LTE phones.

AnandTech - Motorola Droid Bionic Review - Dual Core with 4G LTE

Interesting that the Bionic was tested at 12 hours talk time on 3G by Anandtech. If it does wind up being lower than the Bionic....I might as well save some money and get that...lol. Battery life and reception are my biggest wants, needs and deal breakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC