RAZR in store! Really waiting until 11:11am

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Just went into my local VZW store and found a RAZR justing sitting behind the counter. The associate let me give it run through the ringer. It is fast! It booted faster than most of the apps on my DX load. The phone died but the associates said they had been using it for 6 hours of heavy use. I still have not made up my mind on the RAZR v Nexus v Rezound but seeing this phone and handling it made it a much closer race.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

WD6FOX

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I am torn between the HTZ REZOUND, and DROID RAZR.. Currently I have the Droid X.. I like the fact that the RAZR is thin, Kevlar Backing, and is splash proof.... Lack of changeable battery is a key factor.. Is the Micro SD Card Slot on the Side? It is coming with the 16gb? If I get I will prob install 32gb from my droid X ... -Sean

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
6 hours with heavy use? I guess that's not bad. I could barely get half that with my Thunderbolt with heavy use. Did you find out exactly what kind of heavy use the Verizon rep was talking about? Was it always on 4g?

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just went into my local VZW store and found a RAZR justing sitting behind the counter. The associate let me give it run through the ringer. It is fast! It booted faster than most of the apps on my DX load. The phone died but the associates said they had been using it for 6 hours of heavy use. I still have not made up my mind on the RAZR v Nexus v Rezound but seeing this phone and handling it made it a much closer race.

You found one in store and didn't take any pictures?

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am torn between the HTZ REZOUND, and DROID RAZR.. Currently I have the Droid X.. I like the fact that the RAZR is thin, Kevlar Backing, and is splash proof.... Lack of changeable battery is a key factor.. Is the Micro SD Card Slot on the Side? It is coming with the 16gb? If I get I will prob install 32gb from my droid X ... -Sean

Yes, the Micro SD slot will be on the side next to the SIM card slot. They're accessible by opening a small door. It's coming with a 16 gb sd card. Also, if you're really concerned about not being able to reboot the phone when it freezes due to the sealed battery, I wouldn't worry because it's going to have some kind of button combination to hard boot the phone.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the Micro SD slot will be on the side next to the SIM card slot. They're accessible by opening a small door. It's coming with a 16 gb sd card. Also, if you're really concerned about not being able to reboot the phone when it freezes due to the sealed battery, I wouldn't worry because it's going to have some kind of button combination to hard boot the phone.

The SD card was "easily" accessible. The door is probably a necessary evil. It was hard to peel away but, it is easier than having to do a battery pull like you have to on the DX.

You found one in store and didn't take any pictures?

I couldn't they asked me not to. And since they told me when the stock was coming in and how I could get one early I thought I should oblige.

n00basaurus

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
No pics causes most to send up the Bull S*** flag on such claims...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

You're right. I was just letting everyone know so they could check their stores to see if they had it too if they really wanted to see it.

I didn't think to take a picture because my OG Droid is pretty laggy right now so I didn't even think to use it as a camera. Also I'm more interested in the Nexus so it wasn't that important for me.

I'll probably go back tomorrow and take a picture.

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The reps already had a model with the display lock attached, and there was an open space...

materhead007

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
How did the build quality feel and even though you didn't get to use it long is it significantly faster than stock X2 both using 3g I guess what I mean is it worth using my upgrade for it in your opinion.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
6 hours with heavy use? I guess that's not bad. I could barely get half that with my Thunderbolt with heavy use. Did you find out exactly what kind of heavy use the Verizon rep was talking about? Was it always on 4g?

Who even said that it was fully charged before that?! they could of started using it straight out of the box at half charge! Let's try and not get hung up too too much on the details. It'll drive us all mad! :)

n00basaurus

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
How did the build quality feel and even though you didn't get to use it long is it significantly faster than stock X2 both using 3g I guess what I mean is it worth using my upgrade for it in your opinion.

I'm sure you're asking the OP but if anyone has any questions or wants a picture of something specific let me know. Like I said, probably going to VZW tomorrow.

Also, I doubt anyone cares but Verizon has an accessory bundle for $330 I think it was.

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you're asking the OP but if anyone has any questions or wants a picture of something specific let me know. Like I said, probably going to VZW tomorrow.

Also, I doubt anyone cares but Verizon has an accessory bundle for $330 I think it was.

Hey if possible, take some pictures of the RAZR next to an X2 and/or a Bionic. I just wanna see the size differences cuz in all the pictures I've seen online, the RAZR looks really huge.

Thanks.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
just got done playing with it too great phone definitely buying it on friday and the lady confirmed that i have to wait until 11:11 dumb! The phone felt great and its very good quality the screen is great and no lag at all the camera does take awhile to take the picture unlike the rezound and gnex but other than that its a winner to me just have to see if the battery last long enough for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2